Will new Macbook Pro be worth buying or stick to 2010 version?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jags29, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Jags29 macrumors newbie

My first thread so please excuse me for any errors.

I have heard about the recent rumors about the new Macbook Pro updates coming soon, possibly this Thursday. My question is, I have a 2010 Macbook Pro which I bought in July, does anyone know if I can somehow trade in my old Macbook Pro pay a few hundred extra and get a newer model? Thanks!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Since you provide no information on how you use your machine, probably won't make any difference.

3. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

Yes, it sucks. I HAD to buy a new Macbook Pro because I used it for work and my 2006 model video gpu died. I just got it at the beginning of Feb. If the changes are worth it I may try and sell for a small loss even though it is brand new. i7 4gig 15" antiglare hires.

4. Jags29 thread starter macrumors newbie

My apologies. I do mostly photo editing, word processing and use the web alot, but my Macbook Pro is on at least 7 hours a day. I was just thinking about whether these new supposed Macbook Pro's would be cheaper to run with the new Intel processors?

5. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

in terms of battery life, yes. Sandy Bridge uses less energy, so you should be getting more hours...
    but honestly, i wouldnt say that it will create a huge impact on your uses, but that's my two cents :)

6. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

As far as trade ins, you can do "environmental" trade ins, but nothing from the store.

7. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

PHP:
    Why don't you wait until they are released so you can make that decision for yourself based on your usage and current laptop?

8. aCondor macrumors 6502

Nobody knows what the specs of the refresh will be. Advice here comes from expectations and rumors.

If you are planning on spending hundreds on a new laptop... just wait until the refresh happens (possibly this coming Thursday) and make the judgement for yourself. Or you can ask the same question again with a few more specifics and the community will help guide your money towards Apple. ;)

9. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

You cannot trade it in but you can always sell yours and buy the new one. How much you pay extra depends on how much you get for your old one. Usually with MBPs the resale value is pretty good.

If it is worth it is a stupid question to ask before they are released and later you will have to decide if the mark up is worth it for you and your use.