Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Will old iPhone 6/6 Plus cases fit the 6s/6s Plus? [MERGED]

rcw2012

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2012
+1

I really don't want to spend another $30, so hopefully they fit.

I have both the black and the clear Power Support Air Jacket (not the Apple force version) for my iPhone 6 and can confirm they both fitted fine on the iPhone 6S my friend picked up today. Usual difficulty putting on and in particular getting off but not much more so than on the 6.

Black leather Apple case for 6 fitted fine as well.

Comment

trife

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2012
I have both the black and the clear Power Support Air Jacket (not the Apple force version) for my iPhone 6 and can confirm they both fitted fine on the iPhone 6S my friend picked up today. Usual difficulty putting on and in particular getting off but not much more so than on the 6.

Black leather Apple case for 6 fitted fine as well.

Sweet! Thanks for the info!

My main concern with the Air Jacket is the cutouts for the speaker and I guess all the other cutouts. They're so precise that maybe a few millimeters could throw them off-center?

Do you have any insight on how the speaker holes and other cutouts for the volume/lock buttons line up?

Comment

rcw2012

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2012
Sweet! Thanks for the info!

My main concern with the Air Jacket is the cutouts for the speaker and I guess all the other cutouts. They're so precise that maybe a few millimeters could throw them off-center?

Do you have any insight on how the speaker holes and other cutouts for the volume/lock buttons line up?

I don't have the 6S in front of me now but I just checked with my friend as he kept my clear case on the 6S and he's happy everything lines up as expected.

Comment

Dyspareunia

macrumors regular
May 2, 2010
Southern California
waiting to see if the powersupport air jacket will fit..

Okay I initially attempted to fit my old Air Jacket from my 6 plus to my new 6S plus, and it seemed unable to fit without breaking the case. However, after reading a few posts about them being able to fit, I re-attempted it from a different insertion angle and I got it to fit, but its very, very tight. I hope it can be removed without needing to break it.

Last edited:
Comment

whathedunk

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2015
Okay I initially attempted to fit my old Air Jacket from my 6 plus to my new 6S plus, and it seemed unable to fit without breaking the case. However, after reading a few posts about them being able to fit, I re-attempted it from a different insertion angle and I got it to fit, but its very, very tight. I hope it can be removed without needing to break it.

Man ok, thanks for the info. And is yours the one ordered directly from power support or is it the force version from the apple store?

Comment

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth
Apple iPhone 6 leather case fits the 6S. Its noticeably more snug, but it does fit.

My 6 silicone case fits my 6s perfectly (as does my 6 leather case), it doesn't seem any tighter and all the buttons line up for the perfect click.

Comment

jwflutterby

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2008
The LifeProof Nuud fits on the 6s... It wasn't any tougher to get it into the case than my 6 and all the edges look sealed just fine... Glad I got the pink one, it looks way better on rose go,d than I'm sure a grey one would have :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    406.4 KB · Views: 611
Comment

Dyspareunia

macrumors regular
May 2, 2010
Southern California
Man ok, thanks for the info. And is yours the one ordered directly from power support or is it the force version from the apple store?

Mine is the version sold directly from power support, so lower profile compared to the force/apple store/lipped version of the air jacket.

Last edited:
Comment

whathedunk

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2015
Mine is the version sold directly from power support, so lower profile compared to the force/apple store/lipped version of the air jacket.

thanks for testing this out, guess I will wait to see if power support ends up releasing a different case or I may just bite the bullet and order it from the site or try the force version

Comment

trife

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2012
Well, I got my 6S Plus in. The Air Jacket does fit, however as I suspected, the cutouts for the speaker are ever so slightly misaligned. It isn't a huge deal for me right now, but I'll still probably update when they come out with a new case. And knowing Power Support, they will. I can't see them being okay with the speaker cutouts not lining up correctly.

When using the speakerphone, the sound is definitely muffled. But it's still usable. Also, the tiny bit of lip that was there when using the Air Jacket with the 6 Plus is even less noticeable now. Not sure I'd advise setting your phone face down without an updated case.

Comment

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
The 6s Plus is noticeably bigger. I'm noticing issues with some cases--they fit, but are awfully tight...

Comment

MUWarrior10

macrumors member
May 7, 2014
Chicago
I picked up my 6S Plus this am and tried purchasing Tech21's Evo Elite case. It did not fit the phone properly. The case sat flush with the screen providing no support if it were to be laid on its face. I ended up with the Apple's black leather case.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.