Will people be lining up at the stores for the 7?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pr0230, Sep 6, 2016.

1. pr0230 Suspended

In years past people lined up to GET THE NEW PHONE, sometimes camping out... I haven't been following the trend, so will that happen this year... I ask that cause it seems the iPhone 7 release is OH hum this year... Will there be ANY lines out the door?

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I have been in line for over a week now!

Just kidding. Been many years since I stood in a line for an iPhone. I prefer to just let them deliver it the day of introduction by ordering online.

I know some love it but not for me.

3. DadBod630 macrumors regular

No. This time not a single person will be waiting.

4. spoa94 macrumors 6502a

spoa94

I will not be because of my job. I am going to pre-order for pickup but will not be able to get to Apple Store till afternoon.

5. Beenblacklisted macrumors 6502

Beenblacklisted

i will be, this launch and every launch since original iphone, and every launch in the future!

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Yes, some will be, but not in the numbers that we've seen before.

7. RedOrchestra Suspended

I can't think of a greater waste of time than lining up to buy a cell phone. I just walk in to my Telco, later in the day, and pick one up.

8. brianric macrumors regular

With the preorder that Apple setup you select a time and there was a separate line for the preorders, Last year I was in and out in less than 30 minutes.

9. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

You should create a poll, and my answer is no. I've got work lol, pretty sure release of a new phone isn't a valid argument to skip half day for work. :D

10. noobinator macrumors 601

The lines get smaller each year now that buying online is easier than ever and the excitement over a new phone dies down. I will be waking up at midnight to order online like I do every year.

11. mjwebb macrumors member

mjwebb

Yes! Well, kind of...I'm pre-ordering but will make a reservation for the earliest time possible. Then, I'll have to go into work. :(

12. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

It's an iPhone release man. There will definitely be lines. Some people just like the launch day experience of showing up, meeting new people and getting their hands on the phone first thing in the morning. The two times I've lined up in the wee hours of the morning we're cool on some level.

What might not happen is the long waits to get the phone after launch day. 3-4 week waits might only look like 1-2 weeks.

13. DadBod630 macrumors regular

It must be nice to have so few obligations in life that you can spend hours camping outside a phone store.

14. mended macrumors newbie

I've never waited in line for an iPhone. I usually just walk up to best buy I get it first day without a problem.

15. ARizz44 macrumors 6502a

ARizz44

I remember the days when the first person would line up outside of the Market Square store or some other popular location 2-3 weeks in advance (for publicity of course). But I haven't seen or heard a word of it this year. Granted the unveiling hasn't happened yet, but that hasn't really stopped them in the past. Remember the Samsung commercials mocking the people waiting in line? It was clever, but irritated me lol.

16. mjwebb macrumors member

mjwebb

Samsung only mocked Apple because they could never get the turn out on launch days... :p I feel we will start hearing about the waiters after the announcement tomorrow!

17. chrisforpm macrumors regular

I've lined up before, it was fun when I was younger. Now I just reserve in store and pick up. No waiting, I just walk in, meet with someone and I'm out in 10 mins. Super painless

18. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

Somehow, I suspect your life is not so crammed with busyness to the point that you can't find a couple hours to do something frivolous in the course of an entire year.

If it is, I do apologize and you have my condolences.

19. willmtaylor, Sep 6, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2016

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

First of all, I would never do this. It's a waste of my time and energy and just doesn't sound fun to me at all.

Second of all, why so salty? Almost every single post of yours I read is attacking others with hate and judgment. Who cares what they do with their time? Besides, this isn't 1960. We don't all have 9 to 5 jobs and work on the clock.

20. DadBod630 macrumors regular

If I have free time I spend it doing something fun, not camping outside of a phone store so I can get a phone 12 hours before everyone else does.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 6, 2016 ---
    My name is Sam and I'm an apache mechanic for the us marines

21. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Why spend so much time on here if you have nothing better to do then spew vitriol? If everyone else is so stupid and everything here is such a waste of time, then why not just leave?

You don't have to be here. You don't have to click on the threads. The irony is that you mock others for wasting their time in lines, yet here you are.

22. DadBod630 macrumors regular

Chill out brah it's not good for your blood pressure. Perhaps I'm not the only salty person here?

23. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I'm as chill as can be "brah." Just don't understand people who have nothing better to do than hate.

24. RedOrchestra Suspended

It's a comment board, you post your comments others will post theirs - don't like it, take some of your own advice and move along.

And who appointed you arbiter of the MR threads?

25. BeeGood, Sep 6, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2016

BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

Well that's something different all together then. Unless you've declared yourself the sole authority on what's fun and what isn't, surely you have to acknowledge that people have different ideas of what's enjoyable. It has nothing to do with the way people handle their obligations, as you suggested.

EDIT: Cool job by the way. My Dad used to work on phantoms as an mx guy in the USAF. He had wife, 3 kids and a demanding job and he still had a little time left over to spend time doing things he enjoyed.