Resolved Will playing Cs:GO harm my macbook pro mid 2012?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by namanjeetbhatia, Nov 10, 2014.

1. namanjeetbhatia, Nov 10, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2014

namanjeetbhatia macrumors newbie

I was just wondering that playing counter strike global offensive can harm my MacBook? P.S.(I play one and a half hour daily)

2. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

No. Why would you think that it would be hurt, that is if it can play the game to start with?

3. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

What a bizarre question. The answer is no btw.

4. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

Playing Counter Strike for an hour and a half a day, every day, will do more damage to you than to your computer.

5. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

Uhh, I think the OP was thinking about the game causing too much over-heating on his MBP. That's what immediately got my attention the moment he mentions playing a game on a laptop. I think that was the gist of what the OP was concerned about. The OP should elaborate a bit more.

Anyways, I can't answer him directly, since I no longer own Mac laptops (I stick to iMacs for my desktop these days). Nor do I know if CSGo is considered a "graphics-intensive" shooter game by the standards of a 2012-12014 Mac hardware, as I don't play that particular game.

6. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

CS:GO isn't very intensive at all, it uses an updated Source engine. My brother plays it on his crappy PC so I think a mid 2012 MBP will handle it just fine without damaging itself or whatever the OP is afraid of.

In all seriousness though, if a game/app that requires a lot of resources (and that runs) does end up damaging your machine, then shame on the hardware manufacturer.

7. ImmaGhost macrumors newbie

I believe the OP means wear and tear over time. Computer parts overheating then eventually wearing down maybe making it weaker or eventually break down.