Will shipping times bump you to the SS?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ricktat, Apr 8, 2015.

1. ricktat macrumors 65816

So you have decided that you will order a Sport... Maybe the space grey or sport with white band and then buy a black band.

If the shipping times show 6 weeks and the SS still shows launch day.... Will you pay extra for the SS to get it sooner?

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I think the earlier link pinned the SS as having the possibly delayed ship times. that makes the most sense to me, as they probably expect to sell more of the $349 aluminum model.

3. Lobwedgephil macrumors 601

Lobwedgephil

Yep, that early link made it seem like SS was going to be the delay, and Sport as being available on launch.

4. st0k3d macrumors member

Can you post this link? I missed this

5. Pooshka macrumors 65816

Where do you see it says Aluminum will be available on launch?
    Both Al and SS are delayed and have the same delivery dates (except a couple obviously).

6. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

4/24 is launch date. Also, this was from a German site, so who knows what us availability will be.

7. vishalc macrumors regular

vishalc

Easy solution: Choose store pickup.

When I wanted the 6 Plus, I didn't get a store pick up or pre-order reservation (website was down, and all that mess happened). I didn't settle for a bad shipping date. I called Apple on launch day, and a representative told me if I waited till midnight (the day after release), the store would get new stock and I could make a reservation for the 6 Plus. I did this and ended up getting it the next day.

Don't settle for a bad shipping date. If shipping dates get messed up, they will probably get messed up by weeks, and not days.

I'm choosing Store Pickup because I prefer that option from past experiences. Inventory will arrive daily and it will probably be better to wait an extra day (if this is needed at all) rather than waiting an extra week.

But this is all speculation. Since Apple has given a 2 week timeframe till launch, maybe supply will be enough, or maybe there isn't even enough demand for the watch. But, choose the watch you want and don't settle for anything other than it, because you will be wearing it everyday on your wrist and interacting with it a lot more than your phone.

8. Pooshka macrumors 65816

Err... can't you see it says "Delivers 4/24 to 5/8" for all 4 models including the Al?

9. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

Yes - so obviously some unknown quantity will be available on launch date.

10. slicecom macrumors 68020

11. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

I really hope it doesn't take for weeks for me to get the link bracelet. On the bright side, at least they don't mean "4-6 weeks after launch".

12. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

I've only shipped. Have you had good experiences with in-store?

13. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

The more interesting question is whether shipping times will move us from the SS to the Sport. Not me. I am only hoping that German site only had temporary data when people found the data or that more will be available for the US. It must be tough supplying several countries at once.

14. MH01 Suspended

MH01

It's the SS models that have been reported as having delays, though that was erurope

15. I am Sampson macrumors 6502

I am Sampson

Absolutely yes. I've already warned my wife that my second choice (SS sport band) is £180 more. Doubt it will be the case that the grey sport will be sold out before the SS sport though, even with higher demand.

16. vishalc macrumors regular

vishalc

Yeah. But apparently theres no in-store this time I'm hearing

17. totten76 macrumors regular

totten76

And why is that? Source?

18. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

19. vishalc macrumors regular

vishalc

This is what the chat rep said to me today and I'm not happy about this http://imgur.com/mHJSNEy

20. totten76 macrumors regular

totten76

21. vishalc macrumors regular

vishalc

Check out my link.

Also, do you think the in-store pickups will allow us to pay online tonight before picking it up in store on the 24th (it will be set aside for us).

Or will they require us to pay inside the store (still set aside for us).

Because if they don't let us pay for store pickup, it might be safer to preorder for shipping and maybe do store pickup and cancel whichever one is not working

22. totten76 macrumors regular

totten76

I'm wondering the same thing. From what it seems like though, you will need to pay when you pre-order