Will the 4S be anyone's first iPhone and actually excited?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DataEast, Oct 4, 2011.

1. DataEast macrumors member

I've been stuck with my crappy Samsung Intercept on Sprint with its cracked screen, no notification sound, no ring, damaged sd card and camera, and the lack of voice from me when I want to talk to someone and outdated clunky Android software.

I'm switching to Verizon soon and I can't wait to get an iPhone 4S! Anyone else in the same boat?

2. MizterKewl macrumors newbie

I was until the specs were released. I was hoping that the 3G bands would still be compatible with Tmobile but they aren't...sooo i guess i'll just be getting the 4 or something else...

3. Leewalker19 macrumors regular

Not me! But for those on sprint and ppl with 3GS's this should be a good upgrade for you all.

4. jvmxtra macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

5. u6crash macrumors member

u6crash

If I can bring myself to pull the trigger, yes.

Right now I'm using the cheapest Cricket phone available. I have a rubberband around it to keep the battery from falling out. Unlimited calls and texts for $37/mo, but not much else. Prior to this I was on AT&T pre-paid.

Whether I get the 4S or not is dependent on how much it will cost me a month. I'd like to come in at under $75 (after taxes/fees) and have a respectable amount of data, messages, and minutes at my disposable. That's $10 more a week than I pay now, and for all the bells and whistles (can't tell you how many times I wish I simply had a camera on me), I feel that's worth it.

6. applefan289 macrumors 68000

Yes, I currently have a Samsung flip phone from like 2008, and have never had a smart phone before.

The iPhone 4S looks really tempting. I may preorder it on Friday.

7. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

Yes, I'm switching from a Droid X. Would have gotten the iPhone 4 if this wasn't so close to coming out.

8. chrislaw macrumors 6502a

chrislaw

I was in love with some of ip5 mock ups. But this will be my first iPhone coming from an original Droid Incredible. I'm still happy with the upgrades and am excited to buy the 4s.

9. jlluna macrumors 6502

Nope, not for me. Will just wait for the iPhone 5. I am not willing to pay 300 dollars for a phone with a better camera, and faster processor. Who knows apple probably could of gave us all these features when they released the iPhone 4 originally, but they know that the consumer will pay more money again for the same looking phone with better specs a year later.:mad::mad:

10. darngooddesign macrumors G3

They did give us a better camera and gpu when the 4 came out. I know what you mean, they could ave totally put those things in the 3G but they just wanted to screw the customer.

11. EddieReds macrumors newbie

Of course! I've been stuck with crap Android phones on Sprint for a while now, and I've always loved the style of the iPhone 4, so I'm making the jump!

12. MustangJoe macrumors member

Yes this will be my first iPhone and smartphone! Can't wait for next Friday! Just a quick question. What time do pre-orders usually go out? Can you pre-order from Verizon's website or Apple's website? If I pre-order late on the 7th will I still have a chance to get one at Verizon? I live in a small town. Sorry for all the questions.

13. Zeisen55 macrumors member

this will be my first iphone and i am very excited to finally make the leap.

last tine you could order it on either the apple or verizon website. you will be able to preorder the phone this friday (at midnight i think), from either site. if you get a preorder, you'll get a phone.

14. dw3bb10 macrumors 6502

I might be getting the 8gb iPhone 4. And then shell out more money next year, when the iPhone 5 comes out.

15. btrav13 macrumors 6502

I will definitely be getting one. I think it's a decent upgrade...it's just that the body remained the same. Almost all the internals are completely upgraded.

16. Harvey Specter macrumors regular

I'm sure the plans of a multi billion dollar company go beyond a customers perspective on what they release

17. MustangJoe macrumors member

Thanks for answering my question? I'll have to pre-order it at 6:00 A.M. because I'm on the east cost and will not stay up until 3 A.M. Now if you pre-order is that in store pickup or by mail?

18. HopHead927 macrumors member

Yes and yes. Already ordered a case for it! (A Grove case, so it'll take a few weeks and makes sense to plan ahead)

19. sportsfrk214 macrumors 6502a

Waited very patiently during the 4 years between the original iPhone announcement and the introduction of the iPhone 4 on Verizon. In that time I have owned two crappy phone (some LG flip phone with a long named and an enV Touch). I was upgrade eligible in April but I waited it out with my phone because I wanted the newest version. I am absolutely thrilled with today's announcement and I will be up at 3 am Friday morning pre-ordering. After many years of owning an iPod Touch and being frustrated at not being able to do anything without Wi-Fi, I am beyond excited. The only thing that could have made it better was a bigger screen, but I'm not complaining because I think the iPhone 4 was the best looking phone ever and I was so jealous of all those who had one. So I'm happy and ready:apple:

20. Virgo macrumors 6502

Virgo

It would have grudgingly been my first iPhone if I was on a supported network. But I'm on T-Mobile and no way am I paying unsubsidized for an iPhone4+

21. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

I'm buying one coming from a Droid X and can't wait. I've wanted an iPhone since the original but wasn't going to switch to AT&T (on Verizon). Could have upgraded in June but figured there was no point until this newer iPhone came out. Overall, I'm looking forward to music adding to my phone without me having to make sure the tags aren't outdated (this is a very annoying problem on Android). The iPhone touchscreen is much more fluid than the Droid X's. I also just like the look of iOS a lot more than Android. Probably my biggest Android complaint is that my phone randomly restarts, apps constantly crash or freeze, and if you don't restart the phone regularly the menus get very laggy.

22. 1zach4 macrumors regular

I am switching from my 3yr old Blackberry to the 4S....I was really hoping for a new design since I have had plans to buy this iphone model for about a year now.

Oh well, anything is nicer than my BB and it is still a step up from the 4

23. backinblack875 macrumors 6502a

backinblack875

the 4s will be my first so i am extremely excited..even if i had the 3gs, maybe even the 4, i still think it is a substantial update, not sure why everyone is complaining. Why is apple obligated to redesign the thing every year?

24. MRiOS macrumors regular

Yes, after having used an original LG EnV for three years and a Palm Pixi Plus for a few months it will be nice to have a true "smart"phone that can take decent pictures and surf the web with a readable screen.

(got Pixi to nab Unlimited data, camera cannot even take clear enough picture to scan a QR, and the text is tiny on the browser screen. still worth the $45 though.)