Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
Well, I don't have an iPad Pro; got a old slow iPad. I need a travel solution for places with NO cellular or wifi. And say we take 1000 images, not unusual over a few days. And that's say 15-30MB per. I can import, fine (aside from not liking the RAW to JPEG stuff Apple does, but there are better apps than Apple's for dealing with that). But if I wanna do something as simple as get a couple hundred processed images to someone else it's a toothache. On my old Android tablet I can at least copy to a microSD and we can exchange that way. I've gotten some other external thumbdrive solutions recently, but why not just a direct export from an Apple app straight to a thumbdrive? Can't files.app at least do that?

stulaw11

Suspended
Jan 25, 2012
Well, I don't have an iPad Pro; got a old slow iPad. I need a travel solution for places with NO cellular or wifi. And say we take 1000 images, not unusual over a few days. And that's say 15-30MB per. I can import, fine (aside from not liking the RAW to JPEG stuff Apple does, but there are better apps than Apple's for dealing with that). But if I wanna do something as simple as get a couple hundred processed images to someone else it's a toothache. On my old Android tablet I can at least copy to a microSD and we can exchange that way. I've gotten some other external thumbdrive solutions recently, but why not just a direct export from an Apple app straight to a thumbdrive? Can't files.app at least do that?

Simple lighting to SD/microSD. All of $20

It wont work through the files app but should allow them exported to it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.