Will the ipad3 hurt my hands more?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by borgqueenx, Feb 26, 2012.

1. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

Im sure you all know that after holding the ipad2 for a while your hands are getting a bit uncomfortable because the edges of the ipad kinda push into you hands. Ive viewed the ipad3 leaked photos some time now, but i think this ipad3 may actually get uncomfortable faster then the ipad2. Because the edges look even more sharper?

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

the iPad2 is not uncomfortable to me. It never hurts my hands. The iPad3 is going to be thicker, so technically it will be even less likely to hurt your hands - etc.

Even so, put it in a case and be done with it.

3. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

No, I don't know, because I have never experienced such a thing. :confused: The edges are fairly smooth, and certainly no more tiring than holding a folded newspaper.

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

I agree with you there, sometimes when I am lying down in bed my wrists will ache a bit, but that might be due to old age haha.

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

If the iPad is hurting your hands, you are not holding it right and need to hold it differently.

6. djrod macrumors 65816

djrod

7. Martyimac macrumors 6502a

Martyimac

Not trying to be mean here but how are we supposed to even know the answer to this question given all the unknowns? With the biggest unknown being what size, shape, weight, etc the new iPad is? :confused:

8. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

No, not really. I've played with my iPad 3 for an hour and it's all ok.

9. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

I hardly ever hold my iPad in hands; mostly is laying somewhere or at least rest on something (e.g. the smart cover).

Until now no trouble with that.

10. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

Lol. I see what you did there ;)

You Wish!

11. bosco2012 macrumors member

iPad 3 is better, but i can not make sure that it does not hurt your hands, because it's not the iPad 2's problem, it's your!!

12. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Get one of those cases with a strap on the back so you don't have to hold it by the edges.

13. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Introducing the iGlove 3S !!!!! No more cuts or bruises from sharp edges! No more slipping out of your slippery hands! Easily cleaned when finished watching Pr0n! (sorry FLASH not included). Just toss in the washer with some bleach (Do not put in dryer, line dry only). Compatible with all versions of the iPad. Only $9.99/pr. But WAIT! There's more! Order today and we will send you an extra pair, you just pay a small fee for shipping and handling! Please add sales tax where applicable. Must be over 18 to order.

[​IMG]

14. JUiCEJamie macrumors 6502a

JUiCEJamie

haha!

15. borgqueenx thread starter macrumors 65816

For the ones who downvoted my first post, apple didnt make the keyboard split in ios5 for no reason. Its for people who hold it in 2 hands and not on table ect. When gaming the edges of the ipad are pushed to the palm of your hand. And that surely gets uncomfortable after a while.
    Alot of people agree with me even on this forum. Ive seen posts of them.

16. VinceDae macrumors regular

Hmmm If im not mistaking (by your name) - You're a girl right? ... Maybe the reason simply is that you have to "soft" and small hands (and im serious) - I guess MOST in here are men, so we wont/dont have the same problems because our hands are bigger and have rough skin :)

- Just saying... Stop using handcreme! :p

17. borgqueenx thread starter macrumors 65816

Im not a girl. Watch star trek or look up my username why i have chosen for "queen" in it.

18. Delighted macrumors 6502

Delighted

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I never had the issue you described on the iPad 2(although I only borrowed by friend's for a month trip once). I did eventually find it feeling kind of heavy, not enough to tire me but enough to make my wrist feel awkward after holding it on a train ride.

19. VinceDae macrumors regular

Still.... Stop using handcreme :p haha

20. Nokaoi macrumors regular

Strengthen your hands.

Things You'll Need:

Tennis ball
    Resistance band
    Lightweight dumbbell (1 to 3 pounds)

Step 1
    Perform range-of-motion exercises to warm the hand muscles to prepare them for strengthening exercises. Examples include opening and closing the hands and touching each finger with the thumb.

Step 2
    Hold a tennis ball in your right hand, squeezing it as hard as possible. While you should not squeeze to the point of pain, you should squeeze enough to feel the hand muscles working. Hold this position for five seconds, then release the tennis ball squeeze. Repeat the exercise nine times for a total of 10 repetitions. Rest and perform two additional sets.

Step 3
    Tie a resistance band into a loop and step on the bottom of the loop with the ball of your foot over the band. Grasp the loop with your hand, holding your forearm in front of you. You can grasp the forearm with your opposite hand under the arm for support. Lower your hand toward the floor, then resist against the band to lift your hand up, feeling the hand and wrist muscles working. Return to your starting position and repeat the exercise 10 times. Perform on the opposite arm. Then repeat for one to two sets.

Step 4
    Take a lightweight dumbbell in each hand. Rest your arm on a table or desk, letting your wrist and hand hang off the table with your palm facing the floor. Lower the hand as much as possible, adopting a relaxed position. Slowly lift the hand up, feeling the hand muscles working. Lower the hand to the ground and repeat the exercise 10 times, then switch to the opposite hand.

Step 5
    Stop bein a P^$$():D

21. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I totally know what you mean. I have the same issue. It's nothing to do with the weight of the iPad, but the edges are sharp and cut into my palms. I also have the same problem with the edge of the MacBook Air, which feels sharp against my wrists when I rest them on the edge while typing.

I did end up getting cases for both my iPad and the Air, as some posters have suggested.

As for whether iPad 3 will have the same issue or not, hard to say until we can hold it and see.

22. DroidRules macrumors 65816

How can any of us know how the iPad 3 would feel while held? Do people not think before asking questions?

LoL, read the other responses after placing mine..... what a smart person!

Yeah.... there are names for those people but I'd either get kicked off or put in time out for telling you what that name is. Don't worry, you are one of those people.

23. borgqueenx thread starter macrumors 65816

You need to stop trolling and acting like a ass because else il talk to a moderator soon. Almost all your posts are insulting and/or trolling.

24. DroidRules macrumors 65816

LoL go talk to the mods.... how did I insult you or troll? I simply asked a logical question to your illogical post. I see you didn't answer the logical question that has a very simple answer. Don't like my repsonses don't ask illogical questions that NO ONE on this forum can answer as NONE of us have touched the i3.

I see you glossed over the guys post that asked you the very same thing I asked you. I also see you didn't threaten the guy that called you a kitty cat...... Oh... he used a smiley face after he did that. :D Is that better?

While I have your attention, what's it like to fly the concord?

25. William.Mantle macrumors 6502

You need to calm down... You are being a silly boy