iPhone XR Will the iphone Xr sell out really fast?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cibonak, Oct 4, 2018.

1. cibonak macrumors regular

cibonak

2. doboy macrumors 68020

I think it won’t be crazy fast like previous years especially with population of ppl buying XS versions.

3. dotzero123 macrumors member

dotzero123

I am just guessing here but it's a new Apple product. IMHO Apple's marketing has turned me into a bit of an Apple addict. I know that the demand on most of their new products will far exceed the demand (at least initially) so I'm completely powerless over the desire to rush to a store to pay my apple tribute. That being said, the flagship products came out a few weeks ago now, so they might have a slower cycle w/ the XR. I guess only time will tell. Best of Luck! Hope you get one if you want one.

4. NoBoMac macrumors 68000

Maybe.

But then again, what's the rush? This is not like the initial X release where parts and or manufacturing capacity was not there. Already off the usual phone release cycle of September, so if on a leasing plan, another week or two will not be an issue, imo, as your new cycle will be October, and avoid the possible initial flood next year of people buying and being pretty much guaranteed getting a phone without having to stay up late and hoping the order gets in on time.

Anecdotally, think the XR will be popular. Have heard several folks state they would be interested in XR due to cost (not interested in OLED markup, unimportant) and not as big as Max.

5. Freakonomics101 macrumors 68000

Freakonomics101

I don’t think it’ll sell out “crazy fast” due to the fact of the device being pricey for what it offers.

6. Lobwedgephil macrumors 601

Lobwedgephil

No one knows, but I don't think it will. The diehards who preorder were getting the XS. or Max, but I think most people will buy the XR, and it will be the biggest seller.

7. clarencek macrumors regular

I think it will be supply constrained until at least the end of the year. My guess is if you want one quickly you’ll have to order right when pre orders open.

I think apples pricing has moved a large portion of the market to the XR.

8. menist macrumors 6502

menist

Too many colors for it to sell out totally, maybe a specific color or storage will sell out.

9. Jordan921 macrumors 601

Jordan921

10. nlkccom macrumors 6502a

11. mi7chy macrumors 601

mi7chy

12. JPack macrumors 68040

JPack

Probably high demand models like Red 256GB will sell out.

But it seems Apple has the supply chain issues resolved this year. The Max was widely available on day one.

13. iMaxed Suspended

About the same as the S5.

14. SmugMaverick macrumors member

SmugMaverick

15. Steve121178 macrumors 601

Steve121178

I think it will prove very popular over the next 12 months. Whether it sells out or not on day 1, who cares?

16. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

This is kind of a dated statement. I think when you look in terms of supply and demand for the 5C compared to where the iPhone is today, the iPhone has changed dramatically in terms of how it’s improved every year with increased launch numbers. And let’s not forget, Apple is offering ‘six’ new colors for the iPhone XR, which creates a larger selection and more choices for the consumer, versus just having one or two colors that can emphasize more constraint.

17. clarencek macrumors regular

I don’t think Max availability is because of supply chain. Most likely due to price.

18. Ffosse macrumors 68000

I think it will sell very well given that it will be a few hundred dollars/pounds cheaper than the XS and the fact that you get a fair choice of colours. It can't really be compared with the 5C as the XR will ship with the A12 Bionic chip. It's only compromises, really, are in the screen (No 3D Touch, lower resolution than the other X models).

I was going to buy one but seeing the XS Max in person, I had to have it. Apple fans who aren't rich but want a bigger-screened phone with face ID will love it.

19. Calebtt macrumors member

20. Krayzkat macrumors 6502a

Krayzkat

As long as the Xr doesn’t drop calls after a few seconds, I’m sure it will sell very well

21. Glideslope macrumors 603

Glideslope

Yes, and Apple will constrain availability to squeeze as many “gotta have it now” people into buying the Xs Max.

Be patient and wait. It’s a great phone. :apple:

22. iMaxed Suspended

You do realise that person throws those sort of statements out all over this forum to get a bite, you bit :)

23. profets macrumors 601

Honestly, no one really knows until it launches. I’m sure on the initial pre-ordering day that shipping times will begin to slip. But It will likely be easy to get on close to launch.

I recall last year with the X launch in early November, it was hyped up that there would be so little stock that most people weren’t going to get one until the winter / new year. But then stock was pretty good early on.

I think the biggest challenge for Apple with the XR will be predicting colour demand for a product that they’ll be selling tens of millions of units early on.