Will the Ipod Touch 5g come out in white?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Cata M., Jun 21, 2011.

1. Cata M. macrumors member

Cata M.

I'm going to buy the new Ipod Touch 5g. Some people say that it will be in white too. Do you think this is true?

Thanks in advance,
    Cata :)

2. Dimmick macrumors member

Dimmick

3. WLS, Jun 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2011

WLS macrumors 65816

It's an interesting point. They Could but not necessarily will come out with a Touch that is just like the iPhone but have no cell phone contract. It would be able to connect with 3G to get data under a data only contract. The latest rumors say that the next iPhone will be completely redesigned and might look more like a Touch. http://thisismynext.com/2011/04/22/iphone-5-design/
    "the design of the phone is set to radically change (“a completely redesigned handset”). Our sources say the new model (or at least one of the new designs in testing) looks “more like the iPod touch than the iPhone 4.” The phone will be thinner than the iPhone 4, and may have a “teardrop” shape which goes from thick to thin (something along the lines of the MacBook Air profile)."

If they can make an iPhone that is not much thicker than a Touch then it ceases to make any sense to keep them separate.
    Sounds real interesting and coming sooner than later

4. ESPN macrumors regular

ipod touch will never have 3G, thats why there is iPhone for people that want internet everywhere.

iPhone4 came out in white because it was orginally black, ipod touches are chrome which is why i highly doubt a white version of the 5G would come out. Plus there would be more issues since 5G's camera will be upgraded and Apple doesn't want to go through the whole color leaking incident again.

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Not really considering the iPad 2 has a silver backing.

OP, good question. I'm willing to say "no" but you never know.

6. Carouser macrumors 65816

Superb insight, except for people who would rather pay $15 a month without a contract for Internet than sign onto $60/month for a 3-year phone/data plan, or people who already have a phone plan, or the fact that Apple is pushing iCloud and iTunes Match across their devices.

7. Cata M. thread starter macrumors member

Cata M.

I hope Apple make an Ipod Touch 5g because I don't want to buy an Iphone because it is more expensive and some people like to steal those things.

8. WLS, Jun 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2011

WLS macrumors 65816

I'm thinking Apple is working on TWO phones, hence the conflicting rumors lately. The second lower spec phone that is a complete redesign is going to be unlocked and contract free it will also replace the iPod Touch for those who want a contract-less device that also has cellular data and GPS.
    So I would have to expect the Touch is going away to be replaced by the low cost iPhone which you can buy contract free. That way you get GPS and the ability to sign up for cellular data if you want it. You can probably use it as a pretty good Skype phone on WIFI. Apple wins with this strategy. That's my prediction.

It is probable that this low cost iPhone will not have the newest components and might have an A4 processor but an A5 is not really needed and you gain GPS so as long as the size is roughly the same and the cost, I expect most Touch users will call it good. Apple wins by ending the Touch model and the separate design and manufacturing costs it had.

9. Cata M. thread starter macrumors member

Cata M.

If that happens, I do not mind buying the iPhone.

10. Sjhonny, Jun 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2011

Sjhonny macrumors 6502

I simply don't buy that rumor. Before the iPod touch gets the EOL status, we'll see at least a 128 GB version of it, so Apple has an iPod classic replacement (for a substantial higher cost ...). Nor do I believe in a white/black iPod Touch. They'll have the same metallic back - otherwise it'll be to similar to the iPhone 3G(s).

11. Cata M. thread starter macrumors member

Cata M.

Yeah, you're right :)
    Thank you for the help

12. dlimes13 macrumors 6502a

dlimes13

Before white, they must get rid of the scratch magnet of a back. Put a back like the original iPhone, or glass like the current one. The back of all iPod Touches (and most iPods for that matter) just sucks because of how scratch prone it is.

13. Macdude2010 macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

Like This?

(made it myself)

Attached Files:

14. Michael383 macrumors 6502a

A 5th gen iPod touch in white would be great.

15. Cata M. thread starter macrumors member

Cata M.

Yes, like that. But if it come in white too, I would buy in black because it's cleaner.