Will the Music app be redesigned?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by GoldenChild, Aug 29, 2014.

1. GoldenChild macrumors regular

GoldenChild

Does anyone else wonder if Apple will redesign the Music app? I really hope they redesign it for the final version of iOS 8. Right now, I can't stand the ugly white tone with the pink color.

I would prefer seeing maybe a darker color (off-on switch for dark mode) some blurs as well, and better color choices. :rolleyes:

2. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

Where do you see pink in the music app?

3. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Well the red may look dark pinkish to some..

But no.. it hasn't changed much at all. Only thing I noticed is the playlist screen is different.. That is it.

4. IFRIT macrumors 6502a

I would say it is probably to late for any major changes.

5. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

And to think that once Apple is the best for Music (iPod). :(

6. twochinz macrumors newbie

The pink and white color scheme matches the icons colors, i dont think its so bad

7. shandyman Suspended

No chance of a redesign for iOS 8, or we would have seen it in the betas.

8. PsykX macrumors 6502a

The tint color of the music app is pink, so it's everywhere...

While I'm not against it, I'd like a dark mode switch in the Control Center that works on every stock iOS app, and an API for developers to be able to read this property.

It's killing me when I use it to read emails and such before going to bed. Or when I wake up in winter, it's still dark as night outside when I wait for the bus, and when I go to choose my music BOOM ! It's white everywhere in my face.

The Music app as a whole is set for a redesign though. iOS 6 had the best Music app ever in the entire industry, and iOS 7 transformed it into a grade-C Music App :

- Way too much scrolling (elements too big, albums and songs grouped on the same screen, ugh...)
    - No way to queue up next songs or albums or playlists
    - No way to make smart playlists - you absolutely need to do it on iTunes
    - The Lyrics view represents a new loss of space because of the new rounded square
    - The "Repeat" feature on the bottom left corner of a song screen lacks a "Repeat Album" option
    - The track position cursor completely sucks
    - When in a specific Artist, the Search field searches through the whole library instead of searching into the artist songs
    - Genius playlists take a horrendous amount of space for no apparent reason
    - A little bit of shadows like on the new Android L interface wouldn't hurt everywhere in iOS, to make it less bland

The only way to get all of this is to send them feedback.

9. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

For me it's ok, it's not the UI from ios 6 but meh... what can you do. And yeah, too much scrolling and album artworks everywhere.

10. matthew2926 macrumors 6502

I would imagine not but, even though it probably won't happen, I would like to see a music queue feature.

11. oldmacs macrumors 68040

I can't believe that the music App hasn't gained iTunes 11 features from 2 years ago! Up Next and better playlists would be very welcome!

12. Sonmi451 Suspended

I like it, there are too many blue icons already. This helps a little.

13. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

I really hope it is. The album art view in landscape mode is awful.

I really hope they fix the videos app too. It's a mess. I have hundreds of music videos that I've purchased but they are all a mess. They are now organised in alphabetical order as opposed to by artist as they were before.

14. iBreatheApple, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2014

iBreatheApple macrumors 68030

iBreatheApple

It looks quite pink to me and I can see a very wide spectrum of reds. I don't think it's just my vision since I can identify it comparatively. It's not hot pink, by any means, but it is pinkish, in my opinion.

For your reference, I've embedded an image. Note the music app fades from an orangish color, to red, to pink. Now compare the colors of the music app interface. It is almost identical to the pinkish color of the app icon.

[​IMG]

15. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

jonnyb098

Not entirely true. It's been two years since apple really talked in length about music. This year with iTunes Radio and the beats acquisition, there will most likely be a segment devoted to music or iPods. ITunes Radio will probably become its own app too which was the way it was originally intended.

Also, because music is an apple app, they can keep a slight redesign completely secret and out of the betas if they want to for an unveiling in September. They've done it in the past.

16. shandyman Suspended

There would have been some hints in the beta or some substantial rumours to what your suggesting, but there's nothing. A redesign is unlikely, despite music being an apple app, it's highly integrated into iOS, so it would need to be tested in beta.

17. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

jonnyb098

Not really, the music API is most likely largely unchanged. A slight design update to the app does not need to be shared with developers. The largest complaints all over the web are two things: condensed album view and a darker theme. And a third could be a better version for iPad. None of this changes the way any other app accesses your music library.

18. shandyman, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2014

shandyman Suspended

Will the Music app be redesigned?

Small tweaks yes, but no redesign. I'm not against it being changed, but I'm being realistic. Dark mode is extremely unlikely to appear in GM. The way the app is in beta 5 is 99% the way it's going to be in GM. To expect otherwise is to just leading to disappointment. Your best hope for anything different will lie on iOS 8.1.

iTunes Radio will not be a separate app yet. It's not even been released in any other counties yet apart from Australia.

19. GoldenChild thread starter macrumors regular

GoldenChild

Exactly!

20. shandyman Suspended

Still going to be an 8.1 thing rather than slipping it into a GM. Be realistic.

It needs changing, but it's not going to be snuck into a GM without it being tester in a beta.

21. BillyMatt87 macrumors 6502a

The music app needs to have the artist view restored to the pre-ios 7 layout. The now playing screen should resemble the remote app. And of course, iPad optimization.

22. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

This looks like red but it might be just me, I am red-green color blinded.

Attached Files:

23. iBreatheApple macrumors 68030

iBreatheApple

Definitely looks pink, more pink than red, at least... in my opinion.

*Can't wait to see them at Voodoo Music Fest, by the way.

24. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

Ok, I believe you :D

25. Miguel760 macrumors member

Can you repea a album on iOS eight? I hate that you can only repeat artist