Will the Spint iPhone(s) offer Surf-while-Talking?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Booju16, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Booju16, Aug 23, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2011

Booju16 macrumors member

Surf-while-talking is the ability to surf the web (without the help of wi-fi), use data, and other apps whilst talking on the phone at the same time. It's imperative that I have this feature or my iPhone would, to me, be otherwise useless. I currently enjoy that AT&T can do this, but Verizon can't (and I don't care much for Verizon and their over priced plans)...Does Sprint offer this? If so, I'm making that switch, no matter how much AT&T's deactivation fees are, sorry AT&T...If not, ***, stuck with AT&T, I am.

2. Maverick713 macrumors 6502

most likely they will NOT as Sprint like verizon is CDMA

3. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Verizon and Sprint both use CDMA so no. I don't know the specifics of Sprint's 4G system but to my knowledge it does allow talk and surf yet I doubt it will be in iP5.

4. lionqueen macrumors 6502

I don't know how ppl get by without talk and surf on an iphone. If its just a regular phone, yeah, but the iphone is MADE for stuff like that. I use the net while talking pretty often, to not be able to do it seems so... Archaic. It's why i could never go to Verizon.

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Sorry, but it won't be able to.
    The technology that Verizon/Sprint use does not offer this feature.

6. aztooh macrumors 6502a

The Verizon iP4 can surf and talk at the same time, so long as you're connected to wifi.

If the next iteration comes equipped with LTE/WiMax radios, wouldn't it be able to without wifi? (just a technical question, there are enough threads debating if it will or won't be '4G').

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Surf and talking on CDMA is a no go.