iPad Will there be a long line for new iPads?

Gincoma

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2013
I never bought a iPad or ever waited in line for anything I always ordered on the line (from the movie, The Internship) or waited for the buzz to die down. This time is different my fiance birthday is the 16th of October which I doubt it will be out by then but Im hoping I can just walk into a Apple Store when its released in Salt Lake City and get one without camping out. You guys think thatll happen or will there be a line like the iPhones? Thanks in adavnce

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
iPad's generally do not garner the enthusiasm that the iPhone does, and thus the lines aren't nearly as long, if there is a line at all.

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
I'm sure there will be a line on launch day morning, but other than that by the afternoon I'm sure you can walk in and buy one and leave :).

zip

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2003
In Los Angeles, it was almost impossible to find a 128 or 64 GB Air or retina Mini on launch day or for the first few weeks. Not sure about the 16 and 32 GB models, I wasn't looking for those.

nexus4life

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2014
The trick is to sell your iPad a few weeks before the expected unveiling of the new ones. Often times this will net you at least 75% of the cost of the new one. Wait any longer and it obviously goes down.

GoingDark

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2013
The overseas resale market for iPads is much smaller than for iPhones, so I wouldn't expect any major lineups.

thedeejay

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada.
As everyone else stated, it's not nearly as bad for iPads as it is for iPhones. My local store had plenty and I was able to get it by afternoon. However, if you plan to get the Gold, it'd be best to order online. Ofcourse, Apple will 'underestimate' demand and it will take weeks before they get the Gold, as usual :rolleyes:

rui no onna

macrumors G3
Oct 25, 2013
In Los Angeles, it was almost impossible to find a 128 or 64 GB Air or retina Mini on launch day or for the first few weeks. Not sure about the 16 and 32 GB models, I wasn't looking for those.
I remember using a website to check availability and even on Sunday, there were still some 128GB Airs in stock. Granted, I was looking at LTE and not wifi versions.

stringent

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2011
London
Lined up last year in UK. Got to line at about 6:15am and there were about 80 people already lined up. Walked away with iPad Air 16GB Cellular in the colour I wanted (also they had iPhone 5S in stock so picked up one of those!) and a smart case.

zip

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2003
I remember using a website to check availability and even on Sunday, there were still some 128GB Airs in stock. Granted, I was looking at LTE and not wifi versions.
Hmmm... I was looking for cellular, I don't think I checked for wifi only.

Gincoma

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2013
Im assuming wifi models are more readily avalible then LTE/wifi models?...Im going for wifi only, I appreciate the help.

richardmu

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2007
Bristol, UK
I may have missed something but apart from vague rumours has there been a single concrete piece of evidence of a new ipad in the near future?

MacTCE

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2013
Upstate NY
I may have missed something but apart from vague rumours has there been a single concrete piece of evidence of a new ipad in the near future?
You're correct, there hasn't been any concrete evidence. I think people are just planning around the dates of the previous updates.

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
I'm sure the evidence and leaks are out there, it's just people don't care lol. The iPad really isn't what it used to be and no where close to the iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.