Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kelon111

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2013
Well they market their laptops for gaming, even with benchmarks for games. This means that they see their laptops as an option for people who play games with their computers. That means they do make ”professional” laptops that are also aimed at gamers. You know what’s also aimed at gamers? Gaming laptops.
http://www.apple.com/macbook-pro/performance-retina/

”Take your gaming to a whole new level. Millions of pixels give you gameplay with more detail and nuance than you thought possible. Even in the most intense action games, superfast processors and graphics give you amazing fluidity and smoothness. MacBook Pro with Retina display is so thin and light, you can play wherever you go. And with all the games available on the Mac App Store, you’ll have no trouble finding something to play.”

Well , even $200 tablets are marketed towards "gamers" as well. That doesn't necessarily make an Apple laptop or a cheap tablet something desired by gamers. If you are talking about the gamers who buy $1 games all the time on their iphone or whatever , then I understand what you mean.

Personally , I wouldn't buy any Mac laptop if I wanted to play games.
Any GPU that Apple picks to be in their thin laptops would be too slow.

As for their benchmark , :rolleyes:
Up to 90% faster than previous-generation MacBook Pro with Intel HD Graphics 4000

If something is only 90% faster (in the best case) than an HD 4000 , I'd be extremely disappointed.

Last edited:

baypharm

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2007
I am constantly wiping the screen off. I really can't stand how nasty smudge screens are. Or glass in general for that matter. I see some people laptops and it looks like they smeared a stick of butter all over the screen. It's pretty damn disgusting.

Sounds like OCD, lol

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2009
Excuse me, but doesn't that already exist in the Mac world since there are already iPhones and iPads. :confused:

Cancelled
Apr 19, 2014
My Asus Vivobook came with a touchscreen and it's actually pretty useful. 99%of the time, I use the mouse/trackpad and keyboard. But when I'm just using the trackpad, sometimes it's nice to be able to click directly on stuff on the screen once in a while.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.