Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WJKramer

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2008
Every day something new gives me hope..Today, it's that Mavericks DP 6 was released last night, and Mavericks DPs and iOS 7 betas have usually been pushed simultaneous days.

Of course, I'm fully prepared for disappointment..but we'll see.

OSX 10.8.5 was seeded in-house today too apparently. Someones active!

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011
It's pretty stable right now (beta 6) so when the public release comes out it'll be even more stable, and remember the debug code that slows down betas, so it'll be faster.

Not even close to stable enough. Even with clean install.

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Beta 6 has been very solid for me. I hope the GM gets better battery life but other than that I have been extremely happy with this beta.

Edit: And Oh I did a fresh install of beta 2 and all other OTA. Just fyi..

nikicampos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2011
Not even close to stable enough. Even with clean install.

Well, we have a different opinion on what a stable beta is, obviously if you compare it to iOS 6.1.4, no, but if you compare it to previous iOS 7 betas and iOS 6 betas, it's very stable, I think Apple will seed one more beta (Beta 7) before the GM, but also, it wouldn't surprised me if beta 6 is the one previous the GM.

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011
Well, we have a different opinion on what a stable beta is, obviously if you compare it to iOS 6.1.4, no, but if you compare it to previous iOS 7 betas and iOS 6 betas, it's very stable, I think Apple will seed one more beta (Beta 7) before the GM, but also, it wouldn't surprised me if beta 6 is the one previous the GM.

True. I hope one more beta too.

Parise

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2012
Orlando, FL
Yes, I know that the GM is the release build. What I'm saying is that even the version that's released is never perfect, that's why there are further updates to the OS as time goes on. Even these updates can still have bugs.

"Never perfect" and "extremely buggy" are two different things.

Beta 6 is the latter.

----------

I have had zero crashing on my 4S. It's so good I'd swear it's the GM if it didn't say otherwise.

And many people disagree with you.

ajt1995

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2013
If you guys have that many problems, go back to iOS 6. Apple will send an OTA to your phone when iOS 7 is done.

edit: I've never had my Safari crash...

Parise

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2012
Orlando, FL

Let me list for you the issues I'm having and please let me know if you consider this "stable".

My messages force close on certain threads requiring me to reboot my phone in order to access them. In addition to that, after running the phone for a period of time, my messages won't update requiring me to back out of whatever message I'm in, close the messages app, and reopen.

Safari force closes way too often. This site, actually, causes my safari to crash at least 50% of the time.

When editing pics, on certain ones that I've taken (havent found a pattern yet) rotating a picture causes my photo app to crash.

I'm not sure what you consider "stable", but this is not stable. Not even close.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
If Developers are going to get the GM on Sept 10 then technically if we're looking at the 2 week schedule Beta 7 should drop on the 27th which is next Tuesday.

ajt1995

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2013
If Developers are going to get the GM on Sept 10 then technically if we're looking at the 2 week schedule Beta 7 should drop on the 27th which is next Tuesday.

They have a lot of work to do before its ready for the GM label...

nikicampos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2011
Let me list for you the issues I'm having and please let me know if you consider this "stable".

My messages force close on certain threads requiring me to reboot my phone in order to access them. In addition to that, after running the phone for a period of time, my messages won't update requiring me to back out of whatever message I'm in, close the messages app, and reopen.

Safari force closes way too often. This site, actually, causes my safari to crash at least 50% of the time.

When editing pics, on certain ones that I've taken (havent found a pattern yet) rotating a picture causes my photo app to crash.

I'm not sure what you consider "stable", but this is not stable. Not even close.

For me... None.

I'm not sure what you consider "stable", but this is stable. So close to GM.

Parise

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2012
Orlando, FL

For me... None.

I'm not sure what you consider "stable", but this is stable. So close to GM.

Ah the ol "its not a problem for me, therefore it must not be a problem" mantra that I see so much on these forums.

In the 13 years I've worked as a software engineer, I consider a release "stable" when it can completely pass regression testing of all core functionality AND perform any new functionality without error aside from the minor bugs here and there. As you may have noticed above, I gave you 4 situations where core functionality is broken completely and it's not broken just for me. There are plenty on this forum who have the same problem, just read the threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.