Will this fry my iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nihao1234, Aug 8, 2009.

1. nihao1234 macrumors member

2. alansaysstop macrumors regular

If it doesn't say designed for iPhone chances are it's not going to work.

3. step21 macrumors member

I don't know about the bose sounddock, but normally the worst thing that should happen is that it just doesn't work.
    From my own experience: When I connect the the iphone (2G) to the usb port in my parents volvo, it also says "bla bla not made for iphone, do you want to switch to airplane mode?" but of course I always hit "no" and it works flawlessly, playing music like it should, no interference, and when calls come in it switches (while connected with bluetooth to the hands free unit) from playing music to the call and back again afterwards. So, it should work, I think.

4. Gin Gin macrumors regular

Gin Gin

What does the Bose Sounddock have to do with your Griffin iTrip? I tried my 3Gs in an old Bose Sounddock and it just wouldn't charge. Didn't harm the phone. Actually I've tried my iPhone with several incompatible devices I had laying around from old iPods, and worst that happens is that some of them won't work.

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

If you want full assurance of working iPhone, buy only products that have the designed for iPhone.

Many say works with iPod, but thats it. If it works with iPhone its fine, but no guarantees.

6. step21 macrumors member

I think it'll work at the worst it won't, also I don't think the car plug doesn't even get enough power to fry anything, even with dock connected to a household outlet, it's hard to imagine something being fried ... after all cables can be exchanged between ipod/iphone without a hitch too, so concerning the power carrying parts of the cable, not much can have changed.