Will this work, AT&T returns/exchanges

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AndrewR23, Apr 22, 2011.

1. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

My girlfriend is about to buy an iPhone 4. She doesn't care about the 5 and she needs a phone because her 3GS died this morning.

She is going to buy it today, but just in case the white 4 (the one she wants) actually does come out next week or within 30 days, will she be allowed to exchange the black one for the white one without paying a restocking fee?

Unfortunately, I can't get ahold of AT&T. Asking my fellow Macrumors buddies if they can help. :)

2. cwelsh macrumors member

I'm pretty sure you will have to pay the 10% restocking fee unless it is unopened. Below is a link to their return policy which should help clear up any other questions you may have

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/legal/return-policy.jsp

you may be able to get it counted as an exchange though per the policy below

"You may exchange equipment, other than Closeout Items, one time within 30 days"

3. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

4. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

Thank you for the link. How about at an Apple store? Is there a restocking fee if we buy it there. We won't return it, we just want to exchange it if the white one does come out. Shes willing to go without a phone for a week. but this white iPhone seems like a myth.

5. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

Oh so I may be able to exchange it without paying anything?

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Apple will only exchange for the same product. If you return a black iPhone, they will only give you another black iPhone.

7. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

Okay, well after 17 minutes of holding I got through. AT&T will exchange the black one with a white one within 30 days with the restocking fee.

Anyone think the white is actually releasing? All i've heard are European sites saying April 27th. Will Apple really not let us know until the last minute?

8. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I'm pretty sure that AT&T will charge you a restocking fee. I'd call Apple and ask them if they have a restocking fee at their store.

9. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040