Will we all have bent phones in 6 months from now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MultiMediaWill, Sep 25, 2014.

1. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

With enough time, all our phones are bound to bend, right? As time goes on, will we see more and more bending? I'm worried that in 6 months, normal daily usage will cause bending over time.

2. Jesla macrumors 6502

Jesla

And another new thread.......why?....Any answer would be pure speculation.

3. Taco1933 macrumors 6502

No, either you are engaging in an activity that will bend the phone or you aren't. It won't just bend on its own.

4. pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

Yes. Yes, we will.

Fire and brimstone, dogs and cats, living together...mass hysteria!

5. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

Will we all have bent phones in 6 months from now?

Only the 6 plus, and only a small percentage of them.

6. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

Haven't you heard? There have been a total of NINE reports so far. Hardly an epidemic.

7. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

I purposely bent mine just so I could fit in with everyone else around me with bent IP6's :cool:

8. Ai-apple macrumors regular

Is Apple Care covering bentgate? The sell of Apple care would be increased if it is.

9. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

So you live by the other 8?

Seriously there is 1800 bent iPhone threads for each bent iPhone at this point.

10. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

you betcha!

we all made a pact to take Apple down

11. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

And there was me thinking it was just to fulfil your life's ambition.

Attached Files:

12. oplix macrumors 65816

oplix

#Futuregate

FUTUREGATE - IT'S THE FUTURE, AND YOU'VE ****ED UP.

13. jca24 macrumors 6502a

jca24

Ok, let me explain. The phone will not bend on its own. It takes pressure and force to bend anything, rubber, glass, wood, metal whatever. If someone did have the phone in their pocket and enough pressure was put on it to bend the phone the person with the phone in their pocket would feel it and stop it, or would they? Only the person with the phone in their pocket would know if they were smart enough to not put pressure on the phone.

IT IS THE PHONE OWNERS FAULT!! Not the fault of Apple!!

Everyone wanted bigger, lighter thinner and they got it. Now put on your big boy pants and take care of your phone!

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Yes, every single iPhone 6 ever made will bend. Apple doesn't want anyone left out.:rolleyes:

15. z06gal macrumors 6502

Lol

16. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

TBH, I don't think anyone (except Apple) wanted it thinner.

17. bluer101 macrumors regular

My phone won't bend, I don't have one yet, unless they are the new limited edition pre bent iPhones. :rolleyes:

18. FuzzMunky macrumors regular

Damn straight (no pun intended)!
    Users have been asking for better (ie. bigger) battery life for ages. This is the opposite of thinner phones. Apple is just size 0 obsessed. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave out feathers at mealtimes in their company lunch quarters, if you catch my drift.

19. lke macrumors 6502a

The iphone 5 have also a bend issue, and after the first reports from users then nobody say nothing about this issue.

People forgot about the bend issue on the iphone 5 and suddenly nobody cares about that.

I have not seen any bend iphone 5 after years of usage from any one, this means that you have to take care more your iphone because if you don't care it maybe it will bend.

20. newone757 macrumors 6502

It's been written into the script of the next Xmen movie. Professor X will team up with Magneto and amplify his power...bending iPhone 6s worldwide...dun dun dun

21. gadget123 macrumors 68000

Very true.

Seen loads of posts on it just because it's a new design iphone it's got loads of media attention.

22. pTacRP macrumors member

HaHaHa now that's funny!

23. McDaddio macrumors 6502a

This is a math issue.
    9 phones (not including those purposely bent, because that ain't "normal daily usage") in 2 weeks.
    4 million phones sold and delivered.
    How long until all the phones are bent?
    I don't think the answer is 6 months.
    Don't forget to carry the 1.

24. oneofthenine macrumors regular

It'll be interesting to see in a few months. I don't think the critical mass that will prompt apple to do something will be the number of units, I think it will come from online media pressure and the impact on public opinion if the stories of bent iPhones continue.

We will see.

25. tg81 macrumors member

The stories of bent phones will continue to dribble in (fake and real), a few sites will continue to desperately try keeping the issue going, but unless the numbers increase dramatically, its unlikely that the media will have any affect on apples position.
    The issue is disappearing from mainstream websites and already has from the mainstream media. Samsung devotees are suddenly losing interest now that the Samsung note 4 has been shown to bend by hand almost as easily as the 6 plus despite Samsung claiming the day before that it couldn't be bent.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDIu-GcX5aM
    Public demand for the 6 plus is apparently beating the 6
    http://www.macrumors.com/2014/10/03/iphone-6-plus-60-total-device-shipments/
    instead of dying off as you would expect if public opinion was being affected. It actually looks like the 6 plus is going to continue to be such a success that it could well cause Samsung problems because of the amount people buying 6 plus's instead of Samsung phablets.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...60-Apple-s-iPhone-6-lures-customers-away.html