Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Will we all have bent phones in 6 months from now?

MultiMediaWill

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
Minneapolis
With enough time, all our phones are bound to bend, right? As time goes on, will we see more and more bending? I'm worried that in 6 months, normal daily usage will cause bending over time.

Taco1933

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2014
No, either you are engaging in an activity that will bend the phone or you aren't. It won't just bend on its own.

Comment

antiprotest

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
Will we all have bent phones in 6 months from now?

Only the 6 plus, and only a small percentage of them.

Comment

Ai-apple

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2013
Is Apple Care covering bentgate? The sell of Apple care would be increased if it is.

Comment

Apple fanboy

macrumors Westmere
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK

Attachments

• trolls.jpg
    trolls.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 905
Comment

jca24

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2010
DFW
Ok, let me explain. The phone will not bend on its own. It takes pressure and force to bend anything, rubber, glass, wood, metal whatever. If someone did have the phone in their pocket and enough pressure was put on it to bend the phone the person with the phone in their pocket would feel it and stop it, or would they? Only the person with the phone in their pocket would know if they were smart enough to not put pressure on the phone.

IT IS THE PHONE OWNERS FAULT!! Not the fault of Apple!!

Everyone wanted bigger, lighter thinner and they got it. Now put on your big boy pants and take care of your phone!

Comment

ucfgrad93

macrumors P6
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
With enough time, all our phones are bound to bend, right? As time goes on, will we see more and more bending? I'm worried that in 6 months, normal daily usage will cause bending over time.

Yes, every single iPhone 6 ever made will bend. Apple doesn't want anyone left out.:rolleyes:

Comment

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
Ok, let me explain. The phone will not bend on its own. It takes pressure and force to bend anything, rubber, glass, wood, metal whatever. If someone did have the phone in their pocket and enough pressure was put on it to bend the phone the person with the phone in their pocket would feel it and stop it, or would they? Only the person with the phone in their pocket would know if they were smart enough to not put pressure on the phone.

IT IS THE PHONE OWNERS FAULT!! Not the fault of Apple!!

Everyone wanted bigger, lighter thinner and they got it. Now put on your big boy pants and take care of your phone!

TBH, I don't think anyone (except Apple) wanted it thinner.

Comment

bluer101

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
My phone won't bend, I don't have one yet, unless they are the new limited edition pre bent iPhones. :rolleyes:

Comment

FuzzMunky

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2007
TBH, I don't think anyone (except Apple) wanted it thinner.

Damn straight (no pun intended)!
Users have been asking for better (ie. bigger) battery life for ages. This is the opposite of thinner phones. Apple is just size 0 obsessed. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave out feathers at mealtimes in their company lunch quarters, if you catch my drift.

Comment

lke

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2009
The iphone 5 have also a bend issue, and after the first reports from users then nobody say nothing about this issue.

People forgot about the bend issue on the iphone 5 and suddenly nobody cares about that.

I have not seen any bend iphone 5 after years of usage from any one, this means that you have to take care more your iphone because if you don't care it maybe it will bend.

Comment

newone757

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2011
It's been written into the script of the next Xmen movie. Professor X will team up with Magneto and amplify his power...bending iPhone 6s worldwide...dun dun dun

Comment

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
The iphone 5 have also a bend issue, and after the first reports from users then nobody say nothing about this issue.

People forgot about the bend issue on the iphone 5 and suddenly nobody cares about that.

I have not seen any bend iphone 5 after years of usage from any one, this means that you have to take care more your iphone because if you don't care it maybe it will bend.

Very true.

Seen loads of posts on it just because it's a new design iphone it's got loads of media attention.

Comment

McDaddio

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2014

This is a math issue.
9 phones (not including those purposely bent, because that ain't "normal daily usage") in 2 weeks.
4 million phones sold and delivered.
How long until all the phones are bent?
I don't think the answer is 6 months.
Don't forget to carry the 1.

Comment

oneofthenine

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2014
It'll be interesting to see in a few months. I don't think the critical mass that will prompt apple to do something will be the number of units, I think it will come from online media pressure and the impact on public opinion if the stories of bent iPhones continue.

We will see.

Comment

tg81

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2014
I think it will come from online media pressure and the impact on public opinion if the stories of bent iPhones continue.

We will see.

The stories of bent phones will continue to dribble in (fake and real), a few sites will continue to desperately try keeping the issue going, but unless the numbers increase dramatically, its unlikely that the media will have any affect on apples position.
The issue is disappearing from mainstream websites and already has from the mainstream media. Samsung devotees are suddenly losing interest now that the Samsung note 4 has been shown to bend by hand almost as easily as the 6 plus despite Samsung claiming the day before that it couldn't be bent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDIu-GcX5aM
Public demand for the 6 plus is apparently beating the 6
https://www.macrumors.com/2014/10/03/iphone-6-plus-60-total-device-shipments/
instead of dying off as you would expect if public opinion was being affected. It actually looks like the 6 plus is going to continue to be such a success that it could well cause Samsung problems because of the amount people buying 6 plus's instead of Samsung phablets.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...60-Apple-s-iPhone-6-lures-customers-away.html

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.