Will we ever see flash on the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by engaged44, Jul 7, 2011.

1. engaged44 macrumors member

So about two weeks ago I was at my friend's graduation party and he recently got a new droid. He showed it to me and I thought it was awesome that it had flash. I tried downloading frash on my jailbroken iPhone, but it doesn't work at all and I get an error. It really sucks that the iPhone doesn't have flash.

Do you guys ever think there will be flash for the iPhone OR even people who design jailbreak apps will update frash so it can run on my jailbroken iPhones? It would be great to go on a lot of flash websites.

2. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Probably not. As per the 1000 other threads on this subject.

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

if you want it that bad buy a windows or android based phone.. this topic has been run into the ground.. :rolleyes:

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

After all that publicity between Apple and Adobe, I really doubt it. There are advantages of not having flash though, like no on screen advertisements that eat the whole page.

5. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

You might not think his phone is so cool when flash has killed his battery and you still have enough left to go all day.

6. ratzzo macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

Latest HTML5 language news have been that of flash being able to be played, albeit not as well as a dedicated Flash player. As an answer, we're too far in already to have Flash in the iPhone, so no. But eventually, we'll get it through HTML5 by the looks of it.

7. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

No.

A good friend of mine has an HTC Desire HD. Really great phone, and it has Flash too. Nice 4 point something inch screen (I'm not an Android user so don't shoot me if my specifications are slightly off), he's able to do anything he wants on the internet, all the bells and whistles. However, his phone barely lasts him 8 hours on a full charge. My iPhone 4 can get me almost two days of regular usage (regular for me), jailbroken.

You don't need Flash. However, if you desire it, buy an Android handset.