Will we see a new iPod touch this year?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Nicolas4ever, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Nicolas4ever macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

I don't know what to think.The iPhone 5 will release in September,right?Apple never released this two prodicts together?Is there a possibility that we won't see a new one this year.Am asking because im selling my ipod touch 4g right now and i don't wanna stay too long without one

(sorry if there's already a thread about the release date)

2. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

I doubt they'll stop making them, and if they do, they'll make a similar product to replace it .

3. Nicolas4ever thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

i hope not.i doubt they'll stop makeing them as the ipod touch sales are 50+ from the ipod line.

4. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

5. Nicolas4ever thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

yep.The classic is the same for years

6. applefan289 macrumors 68000

I hope the Classic never gets dropped. I don't have one, but it has a nice little niche in the iPod lineup.

It focuses only on iTunes content and storage...no other iPod does that.

7. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

I still love the previous gen Nano. Was perfect IMO.

8. rattler macrumors member

Yes, I'm 99% sure we will see a new touch this year. Apple wouldn't go more than a year without updating their most popular iPod model. Even if they don't release it alongside the iPhone 5/4S, it'll be out by Christmas.

9. Nicolas4ever thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

i feel much better now.i hate when everywhere im looking they are saying that a new ipod touch won't be available and the production will stop,why?not everyone can afford an iPhone!!!the iphone4 i have was a gift from my uncle and it stopped working 3 weeks ago.Anyway i hope that the new ipod touch will be available this year

10. Merthyrboy macrumors 6502

If they do release an iPod touch this year I doubt it'll be as the same time as the iPhone. They have had so much trouble producing enough screens for one product never mind the two of them unless they change one of the screens to a different kind there's no way they'll be able to produce enough for the products.

11. ESPN macrumors regular

There will be one, a better question would be what updates will be in the next one. At this point, there is no significant competition to the touch, it would be hard pressed for Apple to innovate.

12. Michael383 macrumors 6502a

I agree. Unless there are significant updates to the 5th gen I don't see a reason to upgrade from my 4th gen.

13. EugenexYew macrumors regular

EugenexYew

I know this sorta seems off topic, but what are the chances of the iPod nanos having wi-fi/wireless sync?

And yeah, I believe the iPod line will be refreshed by the holidays. :D

14. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I wouldn't expect much besides a capacity update. If it was going to be more than that I think we would have been seeing some more rumors about it.

15. Nicolas4ever thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

I will upgrade even if the only change is the back!I HATE IT!But I'm sure we will also see
    • A5
    • Ram upgrade
    • Better camera maybe 2-3MPX
    • Hope for a different back
    • If the iPhone 5 screen is bigger then also the iPod touch's screen will be bigger
    Who knows? Only Apple

16. ESPN macrumors regular

99% chance ipods and iphone will be released in September.

It will the congest the news but it does take several months for the news to get out that ipods have been refreshed and the general public purchases materials after seeing them in real life.

Capacity update? You mean going to 128 GB?

Wouldn't that make the classic useless though.

After a full update last year (camera, sensors,retina display) We all should expect a minor update but Apple should be upgrading the mediocre camera.

A5,
    1080p,
    Redesign of back,
    more RAM,
    IPS display

We can only hope that Apple would include some of these additional upgrades.

17. Nicolas4ever thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

couldn't agree more.But im sure that the features of the 5G will be like the iPhone 5 when it'll release.but less ram,less mpx etc..

18. jonrando macrumors 6502a

I hope they don't stop making them until the iPod touch 4g can't support further updates. I want to get as mny updates onto this thing as I can.

19. Nicolas4ever thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

even if they stop making them they won't stop the support for the ios,really.I hope they release the ipod touch 5g and then let's stop the production of the ipod touch line,i just want the ipod touch 5g as i sold my 4G.

20. YEEZY macrumors member

There's always something missing that will come out with the next update. Sometimes, they just advertise the iOS update. Might be like the 2nd to 3rd gen update where the 8gb got the boot too.

21. Nicolas4ever thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

idk.It's sure that it'll have upgrades like the screen if the iphone's screen is bigger then also the ipod touch's will be bigger they cant have one with a smaller screen and two others with a bigger,they did it because the design was exactly the same .Anyway we will see in September

22. skittles90623 macrumors regular

why would an ipad nano need wifi?

23. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

For WiFi sync.

24. klamse25 macrumors 6502a

klamse25

Probably around the same time the iPhone 5 is released, I guess.