Will you actually use Siri?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by syedhussain, Oct 11, 2011.

1. syedhussain macrumors member

Okay, before you bash me, you should already know I have already bought my 4S and it should be here on Friday.

But how many of us will actually use Siri? How many of you occasionally use voice control? Will it be wierd to talk to your iphone in public?

2. Jeremy81 macrumors 6502

It's missing the most useful feature which is turn-by-turn navigation. Without it it's more of a gimmick than a useful feature to me. I will probably use the texting/voicedialing feature. My Galaxy S II had voice controls also and I regularly used voice dialing and text messaging.

3. chrislaw macrumors 6502a

chrislaw

I can see Siri being very useful for hands free texting.

4. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

Siri is the biggest feature of 4s. I would not get it if i did not use siri. We mostly would use it in the car. Voice texting.

5. MacBreezy macrumors regular

I will use it for sure in the car. Going to make me a lot safer driver:)

6. chrislaw macrumors 6502a

chrislaw

I should add that I used my Android device somewhat for hands-free texting, but i wasnt able to just say "text wife" with just pressing one button. I had to actually go into the texting application.

7. HXGuy macrumors 68000

I can see using it a lot for seeing reminders and appointments for myself, especially while driving.

Just today I talked to a customer and setup an appointment for 1pm tomorrow and thought how great it would have been once I got off the phone, to say "Set appointment with Rick for 1pm tomorrow" instead of going to the Calendar app, adding new appointment, scrolling the stupid little date wheels and the rest of that...all while driving.

8. ZAiPhone macrumors member

Yes but why no integrated turn by turn GPS nav is just another head scratcher from :apple: :confused:

9. 802.11mac macrumors member

802.11mac

yes i will definitely use it if its going to be available for my iPhone 4 with no s. :)

10. jesses macrumors regular

jesses

I really hope it lessens the amount of people texting/holding the phone to their ears whilst driving!

11. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

I will use it for sure as long as its accurate in hearing and understanding what I'm saying.

12. f00f macrumors 65816

I've rarely used Voice Commands on the iPhone because they few times I have it's completely misunderstood what I meant and wound up dialing random people. Maybe it's the New Yawk accent. :eek:

I've had an Android device or two and I rarely used the voice rec there either except to demonstrate its functionality to my fellow geek friends. My canned demo was always to ask the device for a "map of strip clubs", at which point the device would open Google Maps and show me the local strip joints. For speech-to-text functions like texting it would often garble what I was trying to say (damn accent again?) and I'd have to correct it by hand which really defeats the purpose.

From all the demos I've seen of Siri it looks sincerely promising. Between my accent and the fact I drive a very loud vehicle I'll be completely amazed if it's capable of understanding WTF I'm trying to say when I'm texting the wife on the way home from work. We'll see in a few days when I put Siri & my Sennheiser earbuds/mic to the test.

13. madridista59 macrumors regular

oh i'm definitely using it. i see it coming in handy at the gym not having to stop what i'm doing and pulling out the phone, opening the txt...blah blah blah you know where i'm getting at.

is it friday yet?!?! :D

14. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

I'm already going through each day thinking of how much nicer it would be having Siri. I'll probably have it remind me to do stuff nonstop.

15. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

16. Hook'Em2006 macrumors 6502

I think I will use it to play music, set appointments and reminders/alarms/timers. I think it is a really neat feature to have.

17. daaneel macrumors regular

Because.. when the iPhone 5 comes out (hopefully it will have a new external design) everybody will buy it. Then theyre going to put turn by turn nav in an iPhone 5S so everyone buys that too :)

18. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

Will I actually use Siri? Like a crack addict uses a lighter.

19. Si1en7 macrumors member

I know for sure I will use Siri, at minimum, for setting alarms and calendar events. Runner up award goes to searching out things on Wolfram-Alpha.

20. hushmartin macrumors 6502

One of the reviews I saw said that when you put the phone to your ear (not on a call) it activates siri so you don't have to look like a weirdo talking to your phone.

21. 0blivion macrumors member

It would be weird talking to my iPhone, but luckily I'm not! If someone has to ask, I'm talking to Siri, the women in my iPhone ;)

22. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

If they can get it ported to iphone 4, I'd love to try it out in my car. ;)

23. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I'm definitely going to use it to set appointments.