Will you be a ground-zero Leopard adoptee?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by majordude, Sep 17, 2007.

?

When will you upgrade to Leopard?

1. Day 1!

84 vote(s)
    42.6%
  2. Within a week

62 vote(s)
    31.5%
  3. Within a month

24 vote(s)
    12.2%
  4. After the first update (or more)

27 vote(s)
    13.7%
  1. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

A few months ago (before Leopard was pushed back) I was going to wait a month or two to let everyone else sorrt out the bugs.

Now I am anxious for change.

I'll be there the day it is released to the public. It reminds me of when 98 or XP or OSX was released. I'm getting excited!

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I'm not sure whether I will get it the day it comes out or not, it will really depend on how much extra cash I have sitting around then.

3. Principessa macrumors member

I will be lining up to buy it on the first day of release! :D

4. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i got jaguar, panther and tiger all on launch. i expect to do the same with leopard just as long it isn't released on the 19th of october.

5. majordude thread starter macrumors 68020

majordude

Because... :confused:

6. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

7. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

sorry, the date might have been a bit confusing. i'll be out of town that weekend and won't be able to get leopard. :eek:

8. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

9. majordude thread starter macrumors 68020

majordude

Shoot. I thought it might have been a holiday I was unaware of was gonna ask the boss for the day off! :)

10. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I won't be getting Leopard on Day One, but I am holding off on buying a new MacBook Pro until it is released and shipping pre-installed. I'm guessing within a few weeks I'll order my new MBP and subsequently be a somewhat early adopter of the new OS. My preference would be to wait for the .1 release as I'm sure there will be bugs, but I'm confident I'll manage through it all. ;) :cool:

11. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

I jumped in on Tiger late (around 10.4.6), and am enjoying its purr in all our machines for the moment. So it'll probably be at around 5.3ish for me. And it usually depends on current work load and schedule when I do make the change.

12. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I'll be ready by 10.5.3 but not likely before that unless it's incredibly reliable.

I'm on 10.4.10 and I'm still waiting for Tiger to be as upstanding as 10.3.9 was.

13. majordude thread starter macrumors 68020

majordude

If it were personal, and not for your business, would that affect your decision?

14. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

All depends on when my dad gets it, but I expect he'll be ordering it or going down to purchase it about as soon as he can. I'll probably have it on my computer within the week, day of if I'm lucky. I've always been good at fixing my computer if anything went wrong, so I like being an early adopter.

jW

15. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Good question, at least, for me. Personally, I've been quick out of the blocks to get the first three cats (puma, jaguar and panther), but have since gone a bit more conservative with both personal and work OS upgrades. Maybe I read too many bug stories when Tiger first launched.

16. Pants Dragon macrumors regular

17. maclaptopuser macrumors newbie

I'm taking the wait and see approach as my new MacBook Pro is running perfectly on 10.4.10. Why mess with a good thing? After Leopard has been out and some bug fixes issued then if the reports from users are positive, I will make the move.

18. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

I've heavily been weighing getting a new machine lately, so I might wait until winter break to get it installed on a new machine. However, if I decide this machine has enough power to keep me happy through new summer, then I'll probably upgrade over thanksgiving.

19. iBunny macrumors 65816

You know, im sure that Im going to regret it, but I will buy it on Day 1.

I just hope all my little 3rd party programs, such as Handbrake, and Fetch etc... will work with leopard.

We will see....

20. Cyclotrode macrumors regular

Cyclotrode

I will be at the Apple Store the day it's released. :)

21. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I'll buy it on day one if (and only if) it supports HD DVD playback. Otherwise I'll wait for .1 or maybe even .2 depending on what reports trickle in.

22. seanneko macrumors member

I'll be getting it on day 1 in the hope that it fixes the 10.4.10 Airport bug.

I'm sure that it will at least be better than Vista was when it came out. I also got Vista on day 1, and 8 months later went back to XP.

23. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

Same here. I'll be on a trip to see Neil Young in concert (on the 18th and 20th) :D. Otherwise I plan to buy it on the first day, just like I did with Tiger. I've been running Tiger since that first day, starting (obviously) with 10.4.0 and I've never had any real problems. I expect Leopard to be the same. I will be keeping Tiger around on at least one of my Macs for testing applications that I write, but probably just on an extra partition on my external hard drive.

24. szark macrumors 68030

szark

I will most likely line up to buy it on Day 1, but I voted "within a week" because I know I won't install it right away. :)

25. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

The day it's released I'm pouncing on Leopard like it's the first meal I had in a week :p