Will you be buying and installing Leopard on release?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by nylon, Oct 9, 2007.

?

Will you be buying and installing Leopard on release?

  1. Yes, I will buy and install on the release date.

    80.2%
  2. No, I will wait for a couple of point releases before taking the plunge.

    19.8%
  1. nylon macrumors 6502a

    nylon

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2004
    #1
    I was thinking weather it would be wise to buy and install immediately or rather to wait until the initial bugs have been ironed out.
     
  2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

    dukebound85

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2005
    Location:
    5045 feet above sea level
    #2
    i want to get it asap but im not going to go out of my way to do it either. aka i have other priorities
     
  3. FadeToBlack macrumors 68000

    FadeToBlack

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2005
    Location:
    Accoville, WV
    #3
    I'm gonna get it and install it as soon as it's available. I got Tiger within a week or two of release (It was still 10.4.0) and didn't experience any significant bugs. Hopefully, it'll be as good of an experience with Leopard.
     
  4. thebassoonist macrumors 6502a

    thebassoonist

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2007
    Location:
    Davis, CA
    #4
    i'm getting it for my eMac as soon as it comes out!
     
  5. twoodcc macrumors P6

    twoodcc

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2005
    Location:
    Right side of wrong
  6. bailey35mm macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2007
    Location:
    Japan
    #6
    First post here at Macrumors. I'll buy it the first day if I can find it at one the stores close to me here in Japan. Worst case I will wait until the first weekend after it comes out and hop on the train to the Nagoya Apple Store.
     
  7. Carrot007 macrumors regular

    Carrot007

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2006
    Location:
    Yorkshire
    #7
    Maybe!

    I intend to wait for the macbook update and may just replace my machine if I like what I see. Otherwise I will buy it!

    Either way though I'll be buying a copy for my GF's macbook.
     
  8. tracetritt macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2007
    Location:
    Northwestern Wisconsin, USA
    #8
    Now, if only we could download it...we could then get it that much faster :). In any case, I'm buying it as soon as possible.

    Tyler
     
  9. twoodcc macrumors P6

    twoodcc

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2005
    Location:
    Right side of wrong
    #9
    that's true...but not very "Apple-like"
     
  10. OllyW Moderator

    OllyW

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2005
    Location:
    The Black Country, England
    #10
    I'll get it on the first day and load it on one of my Macs after backing up 1st.

    If it runs OK I'll leave it on and update my other Mac, if not I'll just restore the back-up and wait for the updates.
     
  11. tersono macrumors 68000

    tersono

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2005
    Location:
    UK
    #11
    You can if you're an ADC member ;-)

    I expect to be running Leopard final a few days before it hits stores (I've had the betas on one machine for a while now) - Apple will then send me a shrinkwrapped copy a couple weeks later. (at least that's how it worked out with Jag & Panther). Schweet!

    Having said that, I'll probably pre-order a family pack as usual - got quite a few machines here. I won't upgrade 'em all at once though - I usually start with one of the laptops and if that goes okay, move on to the other machines, my primary work box being the last once I'm sure everything is working okay elsewhere.
     
  12. Cromulent macrumors 603

    Cromulent

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2006
    Location:
    The Land of Hope and Glory
    #12
    I'll be getting it straight away I think. Too good to miss out on, I don't mind being the one reporting bugs to Apple.
     
  13. twoodcc macrumors P6

    twoodcc

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2005
    Location:
    Right side of wrong
    #13
    yep, i don't mind at all :p
     
  14. BKKbill macrumors 6502

    BKKbill

    #14
    Will be picking it up with a new iMac in the first week or two.
     
  15. rhys105 macrumors regular

    rhys105

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2007
    Location:
    Cardiff, Wales, UK
    #15
    I will be buying it on release. Hopefully it will work well on my mac mini *fingers crossed*!
     
  16. displaced macrumors 65816

    displaced

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2003
    Location:
    Gravesend, United Kingdom
    #16
    Ohhhh yes...

    I'll be rocking on up to the Regent Street AppleStore after work on whatever the release day turns out to be, and installing that evening. It'll be a 5-licence 'Family Pack' to cover all my machines (with a couple of spares).

    I'll jump right in. 3 Leopard installations: one on an MBP, one on an MB, and one on a G4 Mac Mini. If anything does wrong, I've got my SuperDuper backups to fall back on.

    I was up at the AppleStore for the release day of Tiger. Very strange... the staff were standing at the doorway stuffing Tiger boxes into the hands of everyone who walked in. Poor people who'd turned up just to buy an iPod... It felt like they'd got some extra staff in just to walk around and randomly clap & cheer a lot. Crazy American-mimicking ;)

    Still, should be fun, if only to point and laugh at the happy-clappy store droids.
     
  17. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

    chaosbunny

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2005
    Location:
    down to earth, far away from any clouds
    #17
    I'll get it as soon as I know CS3 works well with it.
     
  18. TFrank2 macrumors newbie

    TFrank2

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2005
    #18
    I'll definitely be getting it immediately when it comes out. When Tiger was released I was about 10th in line at my local Apple Store and installed it immediately after I bought it. I didn't have any issues or bugs then so I guess I have some faith in Leopard.
     
  19. cptpower macrumors regular

    cptpower

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2007
    Location:
    Calgary, AB
    #19
    I'll be getting a new MBP as soon as Leopard is pre-installed on them. My first Mac purchase; I'm quite excited! :D
     
  20. a456 macrumors 6502a

    a456

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2005
    #20
    Same here. I bought a new Mac with Tiger on purpose to avoid having problems with CS3. There's some useful stuff in Leopard but not enough to make it essential - the thing that will probably make me upgrade is the new finder.
     
  21. twoodcc macrumors P6

    twoodcc

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2005
    Location:
    Right side of wrong
    #21
    did you install it in the store?
     
  22. MichelleAK macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2006
    Location:
    Anchorage, AK
    #22
    I voted "wait," because I hardly ever run out and buy the newest OS right off the bat. I was going to make an exception, so that I could update both my iMac and my G4 Macbook to Leopard (my 'book is currently still running Panther, and therefore won't run iLife '08). However, since it appears that Leopard won't run on my Macbook (it's only 800, not 867), there isn't any real need for an immediate update (especially since I'm going to have to buy Tiger for my 'book as well as Leopard for my iMac).
     
  23. queshy macrumors 68040

    queshy

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2005
    #23
    I will buy it one day 1 but I'll only install it on my secondary machine (mbp). I'll wait to see if the "upgrade" thing works before installing it on my iMac.
     
  24. macenforcer macrumors 65816

    macenforcer

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2004
    Location:
    Colorado
    #24
    Gonna wait and get it with a new machine. Every time I buy the software I end up just getting a new machine with it anyways. Besides thats like getting a $130 machine credit.
     
  25. JudgeDanny macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2007
    Location:
    Los Angeles (particularly Culver City)
    #25
    i voted yes, but i'm not 100% sure on whether i can or not.
     

Share This Page