Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will you be buying and installing Leopard on release?

• Total voters

nylon

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2004
I was thinking weather it would be wise to buy and install immediately or rather to wait until the initial bugs have been ironed out.

FadeToBlack

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2005
Accoville, WV
I'm gonna get it and install it as soon as it's available. I got Tiger within a week or two of release (It was still 10.4.0) and didn't experience any significant bugs. Hopefully, it'll be as good of an experience with Leopard.

bailey35mm

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2007
Japan
First post here at Macrumors. I'll buy it the first day if I can find it at one the stores close to me here in Japan. Worst case I will wait until the first weekend after it comes out and hop on the train to the Nagoya Apple Store.

Carrot007

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2006
Yorkshire
Maybe!

I intend to wait for the macbook update and may just replace my machine if I like what I see. Otherwise I will buy it!

Either way though I'll be buying a copy for my GF's macbook.

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
I'll get it on the first day and load it on one of my Macs after backing up 1st.

If it runs OK I'll leave it on and update my other Mac, if not I'll just restore the back-up and wait for the updates.

tersono

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2005
UK
Now, if only we could download it...we could then get it that much faster :). In any case, I'm buying it as soon as possible.Tyler

You can if you're an ADC member ;-)

I expect to be running Leopard final a few days before it hits stores (I've had the betas on one machine for a while now) - Apple will then send me a shrinkwrapped copy a couple weeks later. (at least that's how it worked out with Jag & Panther). Schweet!

Having said that, I'll probably pre-order a family pack as usual - got quite a few machines here. I won't upgrade 'em all at once though - I usually start with one of the laptops and if that goes okay, move on to the other machines, my primary work box being the last once I'm sure everything is working okay elsewhere.

displaced

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2003
Gravesend, United Kingdom
Ohhhh yes...

I'll be rocking on up to the Regent Street AppleStore after work on whatever the release day turns out to be, and installing that evening. It'll be a 5-licence 'Family Pack' to cover all my machines (with a couple of spares).

I'll jump right in. 3 Leopard installations: one on an MBP, one on an MB, and one on a G4 Mac Mini. If anything does wrong, I've got my SuperDuper backups to fall back on.

I was up at the AppleStore for the release day of Tiger. Very strange... the staff were standing at the doorway stuffing Tiger boxes into the hands of everyone who walked in. Poor people who'd turned up just to buy an iPod... It felt like they'd got some extra staff in just to walk around and randomly clap & cheer a lot. Crazy American-mimicking ;)

Still, should be fun, if only to point and laugh at the happy-clappy store droids.

TFrank2

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2005
I'll definitely be getting it immediately when it comes out. When Tiger was released I was about 10th in line at my local Apple Store and installed it immediately after I bought it. I didn't have any issues or bugs then so I guess I have some faith in Leopard.

a456

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2005
I'll get it as soon as I know CS3 works well with it.

Same here. I bought a new Mac with Tiger on purpose to avoid having problems with CS3. There's some useful stuff in Leopard but not enough to make it essential - the thing that will probably make me upgrade is the new finder.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
I'll definitely be getting it immediately when it comes out. When Tiger was released I was about 10th in line at my local Apple Store and installed it immediately after I bought it. I didn't have any issues or bugs then so I guess I have some faith in Leopard.

did you install it in the store?

MichelleAK

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2006
Anchorage, AK
I voted "wait," because I hardly ever run out and buy the newest OS right off the bat. I was going to make an exception, so that I could update both my iMac and my G4 Macbook to Leopard (my 'book is currently still running Panther, and therefore won't run iLife '08). However, since it appears that Leopard won't run on my Macbook (it's only 800, not 867), there isn't any real need for an immediate update (especially since I'm going to have to buy Tiger for my 'book as well as Leopard for my iMac).

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
I will buy it one day 1 but I'll only install it on my secondary machine (mbp). I'll wait to see if the "upgrade" thing works before installing it on my iMac.

macenforcer

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2004
Colorado
Gonna wait and get it with a new machine. Every time I buy the software I end up just getting a new machine with it anyways. Besides thats like getting a $130 machine credit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.