Will you be getting the iPhone 4S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ArtOfWarfare, Sep 21, 2011.

?

If Apple only announces an iPhone 4S, will you be upgrade to it?

1. Yes, I'll upgrade from my iPhone 4

26 vote(s)
    17.8%
  2. Yes, I'll upgrade from my iPhone 3GS

12 vote(s)
    8.2%
  3. Yes, I'll upgrade from older iPhone

10 vote(s)
    6.8%
  4. Yes, I'll upgrade from whatever I have

23 vote(s)
    15.8%
  5. No, I'll hold onto my iPhone 4

54 vote(s)
    37.0%
  6. No, I'll hold onto my iPhone 3GS

12 vote(s)
    8.2%
  7. No, I'll hold onto my older iPhone

3 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. No, I'll hold onto whatever I have

6 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

Lets say Apple doesn't release a product named the iPhone 5, but instead releases a product named the iPhone 4S. Will you be upgrading to it?

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Maybe, maybe not. I have a 3GS and depending what is released, I may get that or get the 4 at a reduced price.

3. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I would say I am since I am not currently using an iPhone and my current smartphone is starting to die on me. I want to jump back to the iPhone after not owning one since the original. I might as well wait for the new one to be released since my contract ends this Friday. I think after a two year contract I can wait another couple of weeks.

As a side note: good job for offering all the possible answer combinations this poll could have.

4. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

No upgrading for me. Holding out for an LTE iPhone.

5. ArtOfWarfare thread starter macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

Geez, you guys managed to post replies before I even set the poll up, and all I had to do was copy and paste the options from a sticky note.

Anyways, I have an iPhone 3GS, and based on what I've heard about the iPhone 4S so far from MacRumors, it sounds extremely underwhelming and I think I'll be holding onto my iPhone 3GS for a year longer than I'd originally planned when I bought it and just wait for the iPhone 5.

6. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Originally I said no I wouldn't upgrade from my iPhone 4 but I just can't help myself :p

I guess buying it without a contract makes it easier for me than some of the people in the US because I'm not tied into a 2 year contract

7. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I would say no but I know myself and I will cave.

8. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

If it has

bigger screen
    A5 chip
    bigger camera

why wouldn't people upgrade?

9. zipster macrumors 6502

Nope. In love with my iPhone 4. I'm not eligible to upgrade right now, anyway. I'm sure the next iPhone is going to be amazing, but I could see me having the iPhone 4 for years to come if I treat it right.

10. mamon343 macrumors member

mamon343

1gb ram too

11. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

Bigger screen - Would be nice.
    A5 chip - Nice again, but defiantly not needed.
    Bigger camera - If the sensor isn't upgraded it's practically no better.

Bring LTE to the table.

12. shikari89 macrumors member

shikari89

The only way I'm getting it is if the screen is 4" or bigger. If not, I plan on jumping back to android for a year.

13. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

As long as ebay is still in business...I'll be upgrading then selling my ancient iPhone 4 :p

14. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

Also for LTE, right?

15. Supraking, Sep 21, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  16. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

No. I am absolutely not accepting an iPhone 4S after 16months of waiting, in 8months it would be 2 years.

I will either switch to the latest Android phone, or i'll get an iPhone 3GS since i just have an iPhone 3G.

17. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

18. MustangJoe macrumors member

Of course!! Upgrading from a basic phone so this will be a huge upgrade no mater what it is. I find it funny how now everyone says no but in month or two they will be saying "I don't know how I lived without it." People will laugh and say no to what I just said, but deep down you know it's true.

19. na1577 macrumors 6502a

I voted for "I'll hold onto my 3GS", but I'm actually planning on buying a different smartphone if the new iPhone doesn't meet my expectations.

20. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

If it has a 4" screen, yes. If not, Galaxy S Note here I come.

21. ArtOfWarfare thread starter macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

I intended that kind of option to go into "No, I'll be keeping whatever I have." but I guess it isn't exactly the same as your situation... I don't think I can modify the poll to add an "I'll be upgrading from my iPhone to something else"

It's interesting that 7 out of 7 voters with iPhones prior to the 4 will not be getting the iPhone 4S. Kind of makes sense... We're the bunch who has resisted an upgrade before, and we'll do it again if Apple's upgrade is a half baked iPhone 4S.

9 out of 14 iPhone 4 users won't be upgrading... Possibly on account of contracts not yet up?

Only 1 out of 9 people not using an iPhone, but visiting this thread, will not be upgrading to the iPhone 4S. I guess it makes sense, as if you're here, you're interested in iPhones, and if you don't have one already, then you want to get one ASAP.

22. msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

I voted to hold on to my iPhone 4.

Only way I'd do it, is if they changed the screen size. But at this point, that seems unlikely to happen withoout the case changing... which was vastly different than what I thought a few months ago.

23. TheSuperSteve macrumors 6502

I'll most likely be buying the iPhone 4S (or whatever they'll call it) it it comes out for Sprint (which is likely according to rumors, right?).

It'll be my first iPhone and I'll finally ditch the dumbphone + iPod touch combo. Not that there is anything wrong with the iPod touch. I love both of the ones I have. But I need a phone.

24. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Look, the only possible way it'll be called a 4s is if there's also a 5. If there's only one model, it'll be called 5, regardless of how major or minor the update is. I guarantee you there will not be a single model called the 4s.

25. jlluna macrumors 6502