Will you be upgrading from an iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Scottyltd, Jul 25, 2015.

?

You have an iPhone 6. Will you be upgrading to iPhone 6S?

1. Yes

2. Maybe

3. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Scottyltd macrumors member

Scottyltd

I am an iPhone 6 user and am contemplating the brutal decision of upgrading to a new one. I have a 16GB which is not enough memory quite frankly. So I am faced with buying current model or waiting a few months for the next one.

2. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

No. I bought a 64GB as 16Gb was never going to cut it for those with a previous music library.

On the other hand I kept my iPhone 4 for over 4 years, it's just a waste of money to upgrade yearly.

3. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

No. I have 128 GB and I plan to use my 6 for years.

4. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

If I had the 16gb model without question I would update. I do not know about you, but I am fully vested in iCloud drive. This means all of my photos, videos, and documents push to all of my devices. That alone makes 64gb the minimum I would want.

I voted maybe. The 6 works just fine for me. The only reason I may update is b.c I buy my phones outright. It usually cost me between $250-$300 to upgrade every single year, which is not that bad IMO.

5. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

Disclaimer to my "no" vote.
    I have an iPhone 5s 32gb, an upgrade from the iPhone 4 16gb.
    And I would love the iPhone 6s 64gb.
    BUT, If I had a 6 now, I would skip the 6s, and even the first 7. Hence why I voted no.

6. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

No I won't either. I only got my 6 in February and happy being on 8.3 too

7. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Just got my 6+ two months ago. No way I'm upgrading.

Don't need to either. I always buy the max capacity. My iPhone 5 is 64mb (the max available then) and my 6+ is 128GB. Better to have more than you need then not enough when you need it.

8. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I will be upgrading from my 6. I upgrade yearly, because on resale of my old device I don't lose that much. I am typically out $75-100 for using a phone an entire year. Thats not a bad deal IMO.

9. happosai macrumors member

happosai

I have the iPhone6 16GB model. I will not update on the 6s but on the 7.

10. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

I never do yearly upgrades, but I'm thinking of handing down my launch-day 128GB 6 to my daughter and getting a 6s myself.

Only reason is because she's still on a 4s which runs fine but is starting to hit issues with case availability and 30-pin charging/docking around the house and the cars (bye bye 30-pin adapters :))

If it wasn't for that, I'd be keeping my 6 for at least another 2 years. Maybe even 3? It's a great phone.

11. GlenK macrumors 6502a

GlenK

Yes, on the NEXT program so will get the 6S. So far I like this next deal but do really love this 6.

12. aces99 macrumors 6502

aces99

I don't have the 6 but I have a 5S 16GB. I am going to be upgrade this year as 16GB is not enough. I also have an iPas Air 16GB that I am going to upgrade as well because of space. I don't know if I will be upgrading to the 6S and iPad Air 3 though. I am seriously thinking about switching to the new Surface Pro or another tablet and for the phone going with an android or windows phone. Every since Steve Jobs Apple has been slipping and are just not listening to their customers. Battery life on the iPhone is just not very good and I would rather they make a thicker phone with. Better battery life but they are just not listening. Plus the fact that there is no way to save everything to a hard drive or flash drive is a bummer. So unless there is a good reason to stay with Apple I think I will be switching. But I am going to wait until the new iPhone and iPad comes out before I decide what to do. Maybe Tim Cook will surprise us, lol.

13. Furzul macrumors 6502

Furzul

I have promised my grand daughter my iPhone 6 for Christmas, so I will be upgrading.

14. CEmajr macrumors 601

Yes. Will pay off the remaining balance on my 6 Plus, upgrade to the 6S or 6S+ and sell the 6 Plus to cover the balance.

15. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

16. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Nope, I'm happy with my SG iPhone 6 Plus 128 GB and won't be upgrading for 2-3 years. So looking at 7S Plus (if that's what they will call it)

17. techspin macrumors 6502a

Battery life has improved since Steve Jobs, and it was never possible to copy directly to a HDD or flash drive. The fact that you bought an iPhone, an iPad Air, and you're considering upgrading both tells me there's zero chance you're moving to Microsoft's camp.

18. ATS macrumors regular

ATS

I'm happy with my iPhone 6 Plus. I might upgrade next year if there is a substantive change.

19. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

My situation exactly. Still paying for my iPhone 5 through my phone company until POctober when I will switch to a lower-coast plan. Got my 6 at a local department store.

20. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

I routinely upgrade to the latest iPhone year after year without hesitation.

My iPhone 6 Plus is a pretty good phone, that's working just fine. Fortunately for me, the cost is not an issue. Moreover it's now a matter of lack of interest for the very first time. Why? Simple really, the new phone looks the same and none of the rumored "changes" have any appeal to me.

Seems to be Apple Profit Taking at it's finest.

Spend the bare minimum, keep costs down by recycling the same old design, and sell it again, reaping stagering big profits. My Apple stock will look good, and I'll abstain and not make my payment to Apple.

21. The Clark macrumors regular

The Clark

No, my iPhone 6 will last me the next two years and then I'll probably give Samsung a try because the first two iPhone 6's I bought were both defective and I'm pretty disappointed with Apple. Their Macbook makes up for it though.

22. eoblaed macrumors 65816

eoblaed

(emphasis mine)

No it's not.

For some people it may not make sense, sure, but you can't blanketly say "it's just a waste". Many of us look forward to the yearly upgrade. I've had every iPhone since the original and have not regretted a single upgrade.

23. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I won't be upgrading my 6 Plus as I tend to keep my phones for about 2 years.

24. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Coming from Samsung my next phone will be iphone 6 plus S 64GB
    But going forward I expect to skip the s line and just get the 7 and then 8 etc