Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Other Will you get iPhone 11 as the Samsung Note 10 Plus is trending?

ARizz44

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2015
Chicago, IL
For one, I don’t even know yet what the 11 will offer. Secondly, I’ve never based my phone purchase on what’s ‘trending’. Lastly, the Note 10 could be the the who’s who of all gadgets and I wouldn’t feel compelled to get it for that reason and it runs android to boot.

citycentral821

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 21, 2019
For one, I don’t even know yet what the 11 will offer. Secondly, I’ve never based my phone purchase on what’s ‘trending’. Lastly, the Note 10 could be the the who’s who of all gadgets and I wouldn’t feel compelled to get it for that reason and it runs android to boot.
True! The iPhone 11 is leaked already, this year it is all bout cameras!
[doublepost=1566437933][/doublepost]
I think after a decade and some, those who would follow the "trends" of a Samsung or an Apple device have neatly cleaved themselves into separate camps and will not be fazed by what the other camp is doing.
Sure, I just had a chance to play Note 10 plus for a while, I was really thinking about gettting one.

NovoCrangor

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2019
My first and last experience with Android was a Nexus tablet in 2012.
No issues with the device when it was new, but progressive updates made it impossibly slow, then it just quit working altogether one day.

No reliability issues with iOS products. Nearly 5 years with iPad Mini 2, and 3 years with my iPhone SE. So no, I won't be buying a Samsung or Android anything. I will stick with iOS products indefinitely. Next phone will probably be the current iPhone XS.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Will you get iPhone 11 as the Samsung Note 10 Plus is trending?

Hardware isn’t the The deciding factor for somebody’s transition from Samsung to an Apple device, it’s the OS loyalty . For the record, the Note 10 doesn’t necessarily impact the iPhone in that regard, the Note offers a totally different experience with S-Pen. The iPhone ‘11’ is slated to focus on the triple lens camera this year.

Reactions: Glideslope

michael9891

macrumors 68030
Sep 26, 2016
England
My first and last experience with Android was a Nexus tablet in 2012.
No issues with the device when it was new, but progressive updates made it impossibly slow, then it just quit working altogether one day.

No reliability issues with iOS products. Nearly 5 years with iPad Mini 2, and 3 years with my iPhone SE. So no, I won't be buying a Samsung or Android anything. I will stick with iOS products indefinitely. Next phone will probably be the current iPhone XS.
Indefinitely is a long time. Things have changed an awful lot in 7 years.

Last edited:

nrvna76

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2010
hopefully the iPhone 11 will support Apple Pencil.. won’t be able to store it with it but hopefully it’s a start to what the iPhone pro could become after some iterations.

Reactions: Shanghaichica

timeconsumer

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
While the Note 10 looks like a nice device I think the S10 is better unless you need the S-Pen. And between those I would still prefer the iPhone 11. For me the best comparison for the iPhone 11 is the Pixel 4. But that’s not what this thread is about, so I’ll just go with yes I would get the iPhone 11 over the Note 10.

Reactions: compwiz1202

Motionblurrr

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2008
The iPhone 11 will be an absolute monster.

If the new naming schemes takes place, it will sell like hotcakes even if every techie person hates the "Pro" monikor. Not to mention they have the XR replacement on their side too.

The A11 chip is neck and neck and in some cases beats the chipset in the newest Android flagships (like the Note 10). The A12 is still ahead and the A13 will be a nuke.

I hate the term "Fake News" but all this talk about no one being excited about the iPhone 11 is absolutely BS. Every one knows what's up in September/October.

nrvna76

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2010

If the new naming schemes takes place, it will sell like hotcakes even if every techie person hates the "Pro" monikor. Not to mention they have the XR replacement on their side too.

The A11 chip is neck and neck and in some cases beats the chipset in the newest Android flagships (like the Note 10). The A12 is still ahead and the A13 will be a nuke.

I hate the term "Fake News" but all this talk about no one being excited about the iPhone 11 is absolutely BS. Every one knows what's up in September/October.

So do you think iPhone sales numbers are not falling?

ericwn

macrumors 603
Apr 24, 2016
Not sure why you have to ask this on an Apple forum. Most of the users here certainly don’t plan to switch.

Personally I have no plans to subscribe to the world’s biggest data mining and ad company in order to use a Samsung phone.

Reactions: Skika

maerz001

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2010

If they keep the price why should it sell better just because of a “pro” name?

At least i still have some hope for mankind that the majority isn’t that dumb...

Reactions: ericwn

compwiz1202

macrumors 68030
May 20, 2010
While the Note 10 looks like a nice device I think the S10 is better unless you need the S-Pen. And between those I would still prefer the iPhone 11. For me the best comparison for the iPhone 11 is the Pixel 4. But that’s not what this thread is about, so I’ll just go with yes I would get the iPhone 11 over the Note 10.
Same for me. If I would try anything it would be Pixel 4XL. I've had enough of trying Samsung and having updates slack once again even when I get the flagships shortly after launch.

Reactions: timeconsumer

nnoble

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2011
‘Trending’ ? Bank holiday weather forecast is ‘trending’. Alas, it may not meet expectations and in any case it’ll be yesterday’s news by Tuesday.

loybond

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
The True North, Strong and Free
Does that matter to you, like do you actually base your purchasing decisions on that?

I couldn't care less what sells less or more... Perhaps only to the extent that it affects usability. For example, no one develops apps for defunct or dying ecosystems.

It is unlikely that iOS would fall to that position in the foreseeable future.

So do you think iPhone sales numbers are not falling?

Reactions: Jessemtz25

fs454

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Los Angeles / Boston
Does that matter to you, like do you actually base your purchasing decisions on that?

I couldn't care less what sells less or more... Perhaps only to the extent that it affects usability. For example, no one develops apps for defunct or dying ecosystems.

It is unlikely that iOS would fall to that position in the foreseeable future.

Does the Note 10 suddenly run iOS? Does it not stomp all over my privacy? Does it have iMessage?

Absolutely not, what a question to ask. It's like asking a person with a 60-mile daily commute if they're considering rollerblades instead of a car this time because some company just came out with rollerblades.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.