Other Will you get iPhone 11 as the Samsung Note 10 Plus is trending?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by citycentral821, Aug 21, 2019.

1. citycentral821 macrumors newbie

Will you get iPhone 11 as the Samsung Note 10 Plus is trending?

2. ARizz44 macrumors 6502a

ARizz44

For one, I don’t even know yet what the 11 will offer. Secondly, I’ve never based my phone purchase on what’s ‘trending’. Lastly, the Note 10 could be the the who’s who of all gadgets and I wouldn’t feel compelled to get it for that reason and it runs android to boot.

3. mtneer macrumors 68030

mtneer

I think after a decade and some, those who would follow the "trends" of a Samsung or an Apple device have neatly cleaved themselves into separate camps and will not be fazed by what the other camp is doing.

4. citycentral821 thread starter macrumors newbie

True! The iPhone 11 is leaked already, this year it is all bout cameras!
    --- Post Merged, Aug 21, 2019 ---
    Sure, I just had a chance to play Note 10 plus for a while, I was really thinking about gettting one.

5. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

6. NovoCrangor macrumors newbie

My first and last experience with Android was a Nexus tablet in 2012.
    No issues with the device when it was new, but progressive updates made it impossibly slow, then it just quit working altogether one day.

No reliability issues with iOS products. Nearly 5 years with iPad Mini 2, and 3 years with my iPhone SE. So no, I won't be buying a Samsung or Android anything. I will stick with iOS products indefinitely. Next phone will probably be the current iPhone XS.

7. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Hardware isn’t the The deciding factor for somebody’s transition from Samsung to an Apple device, it’s the OS loyalty . For the record, the Note 10 doesn’t necessarily impact the iPhone in that regard, the Note offers a totally different experience with S-Pen. The iPhone ‘11’ is slated to focus on the triple lens camera this year.

8. michael9891, Aug 22, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2019

michael9891 macrumors 65832

Indefinitely is a long time. Things have changed an awful lot in 7 years.

9. nrvna76 macrumors 6502a

nrvna76

hopefully the iPhone 11 will support Apple Pencil.. won’t be able to store it with it but hopefully it’s a start to what the iPhone pro could become after some iterations.

10. trillionaire macrumors regular

trillionaire

I don't understand what one has to do with the other. There are constantly new phones being released that are trending, but that doesn't mean everyone switches their ecosystem every time a new phone comes out.

11. timeconsumer macrumors 68000

timeconsumer

While the Note 10 looks like a nice device I think the S10 is better unless you need the S-Pen. And between those I would still prefer the iPhone 11. For me the best comparison for the iPhone 11 is the Pixel 4. But that’s not what this thread is about, so I’ll just go with yes I would get the iPhone 11 over the Note 10.

12. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

If you prefer iOS what the note does won’t matter to a lot...

13. NovoCrangor macrumors newbie

Yeah, that's exactly what indefinitely means. As in, I have no plans or desires to move away from iOS products. But if the time comes, then it comes.

14. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

The iPhone 11 will be an absolute monster.

If the new naming schemes takes place, it will sell like hotcakes even if every techie person hates the "Pro" monikor. Not to mention they have the XR replacement on their side too.

The A11 chip is neck and neck and in some cases beats the chipset in the newest Android flagships (like the Note 10). The A12 is still ahead and the A13 will be a nuke.

I hate the term "Fake News" but all this talk about no one being excited about the iPhone 11 is absolutely BS. Every one knows what's up in September/October.

15. nrvna76 macrumors 6502a

nrvna76

So do you think iPhone sales numbers are not falling?

16. Taizong15th macrumors newbie

Even it falls, there are still tons of people with iPhone
    More than Any other brands

17. Tsepz macrumors 68040

Tsepz

Lol, where is it trending? This is a very weird question. The Note10+ is being promoted heavily like any other new device, not really “trending”.

18. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I quit all social media a couple of years ago so I am missing the trending.

19. ericwn macrumors 68030

Not sure why you have to ask this on an Apple forum. Most of the users here certainly don’t plan to switch.

Personally I have no plans to subscribe to the world’s biggest data mining and ad company in order to use a Samsung phone.

20. maerz001 macrumors 65816

maerz001

If they keep the price why should it sell better just because of a “pro” name?

At least i still have some hope for mankind that the majority isn’t that dumb...

21. Azathoth123 macrumors 6502a

No Google is worth paying for (for me). How’s that Note 10 work with the Apple Watch?

22. compwiz1202 macrumors 6502

Same for me. If I would try anything it would be Pixel 4XL. I've had enough of trying Samsung and having updates slack once again even when I get the flagships shortly after launch.

23. nnoble macrumors 6502

‘Trending’ ? Bank holiday weather forecast is ‘trending’. Alas, it may not meet expectations and in any case it’ll be yesterday’s news by Tuesday.

24. loybond macrumors 6502

Does that matter to you, like do you actually base your purchasing decisions on that?

I couldn't care less what sells less or more... Perhaps only to the extent that it affects usability. For example, no one develops apps for defunct or dying ecosystems.

It is unlikely that iOS would fall to that position in the foreseeable future.

25. fs454 macrumors 68000

Does the Note 10 suddenly run iOS? Does it not stomp all over my privacy? Does it have iMessage?

Absolutely not, what a question to ask. It's like asking a person with a 60-mile daily commute if they're considering rollerblades instead of a car this time because some company just came out with rollerblades.