Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bella92108

macrumors 68000
Mar 1, 2006
Then you didn't install an updated carrier file that supports MMS. After you do that, the settings will be modified.

So when mms goes live, will it just appear or will I have to download something? I know the ipcc file can be forced as outlined above but how does AT&T push theirs? Wirelessly or through iTunes or what? Mms is finnally here ehh? It's chilly out tonight for it being "summer"

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
i have a 3G S on 3.0 and heavily modified and want to know if I will need to upgrade to 3.1 for MMS to be enabled on the 25th or if it will just start working on all version of the iPhone OS.

thanks,

darnovo

Not likely. It'll be a Carrier update which will work fine on either 3.0.0, 3.0.1 or 3.1.0

britboyj

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2009
I tried the 5.1 IPCC update and it broke my visual voicemail. How the hell do i get it back? Reset network settings DID NOT work.

JB 3GS on 3.0.1, tethering WAS working with 5.0 IPCC and VM was also working.

Rescuer

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2009
Bay Area, CA
I tried the 5.1 IPCC update and it broke my visual voicemail. How the hell do i get it back? Reset network settings DID NOT work.

JB 3GS on 3.0.1, tethering WAS working with 5.0 IPCC and VM was also working.

go to your Settings app > General > Network > Cellular Data Network > and under Visual Voicemail change wap.cingular to acds.voicemail

optophobia

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2007
Hudson MA
I was going to update the carrier settings, but dont want to lose tethering.
How do people still have tethering after the carrier update ( I still have the 3.0.1, JB and 4.0 carrier file)

KidStallyn

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2008
I was going to update the carrier settings, but dont want to lose tethering.
How do people still have tethering after the carrier update ( I still have the 3.0.1, JB and 4.0 carrier file)

It didn't effect my tethering at all....

Sean4123

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2009
Can someone let me know what i'm doing wrong? I didn't everything the tutorial told me to do, I have the option to send mms now, but it keeps showing me the red exclamation point on each attempt.

Any solutions? I tried changing the network settings.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Can someone let me know what i'm doing wrong? I didn't everything the tutorial told me to do, I have the option to send mms now, but it keeps showing me the red exclamation point on each attempt.

Any solutions? I tried changing the network settings.

Try hitting the Reset Settings button, then respring
Try it again

Make sure each line except username and password have the correct info

If the red asterick persists it means your account is not unblocked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.