Will you pre-order the Apple Tablet or wait

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by splashnader, Jul 28, 2009.

  1. splashnader macrumors 6502a


    Jul 1, 2008
    Via Satellite
    Very simple really. If apple announces a pre-sale or pre-order date with the official release statement of the rumored Apple Tablet this fall, will you pre-order based on limited information from Apple or will you wait a while to see first hand user reports and information trickle in.

    I plan on waiting myself, but I wonder what the community as whole will do?
  2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

    Tallest Skil

    Aug 13, 2006
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    How about we wait for it to exist before starting this nonsense, eh?
  3. jointsmoking macrumors regular

    May 21, 2009
    There is no such thing as a "community as a whole". Each person will do whatever they want. Only pretty stupid people would decide now, seeing they have no idea what it will be or how much it will cost.
  4. splashnader thread starter macrumors 6502a


    Jul 1, 2008
    Via Satellite
    If we went by that logic this forum would be a lot smaller.

    Also what part of MacRumors do you not get. Yes it's only a rumor, as for the purpose of this website. We often talk about rumors. I believe that it's not unreasonable to assume with as many reports that we have seen lately that Apple will be releasing some form or version of a tablet this fall. But if not I will be happy to delete this post.
  5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6


    Aug 17, 2007
    I would wait until some reviews came out before getting an Apple tablet.
  6. andiwm2003 macrumors 601


    Mar 29, 2004
    Boston, MA
    i never understood this whole pre-order thing.

    i would usually wait for 2 month till they iron out all of the production quirks and i could check the reviews. then i would even see if i can get a refurb model (e.g. with the second generation uMBP's. with a first generation model it's to risky to get a refurb dud).

    even if i wanted the device very early i would wait for the release because apple is nowadays pretty good in delivering enough units so that you can get it within the first week in a store. it's not like in the old days where you had to wait 6 weeks till the device would be available in a store.
  7. Duff-Man macrumors 68030


    Dec 26, 2002
    Albuquerque, NM
    Duff-Man says....I think it is pretty pointless to ask whether someone will pre-order something when there is no knowledge of specs and/or price (not to mention actual existence)....oh yeah!
  8. the vj macrumors 6502a

    Nov 23, 2006
    I will wait for the third revision of the tablet, that means 2 years after is out.


    because the first version of any apple product is crap, because is the new thing every body buys but it lack of features. Then, the second revision is basically the same but fixed and the third revision is the one that kick ass.

    Actually, the best apple product you can buy is the last revision before the model is descontinued. Apple always add everything into that product and then release a new one witch is "superior" but is basically inferior.
  9. splashnader thread starter macrumors 6502a


    Jul 1, 2008
    Via Satellite
    Perhaps you are right.

    Though when Apple released the first iphone in 07, even before the keynote speech was delivered, the hype was so large people were already lining up to purchase the device, even before it was "officially" announced. I mean people knew it was going to be a phone, and it was going to blow the competition out of the water, but they really didn't know too much else. I think there are many people on this site and apple fans in general who will need little more than a confirmed "yes" from apple to send there credit number charging through cyberspace once again.
  10. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

    Mar 2, 2009
    since im a kid i dont have a credit card and my parents wont pre order it for me so i would just wait till they release it and just go pay cash at the apple store unless its above like $800
  11. dolphindolphin macrumors regular

    May 29, 2008
    New York
    Its probably going to be more than $800.
  12. tabasco70 macrumors 6502

    Mar 10, 2009
    dude. we discuss rumors and stuff, yeah, but trying to decide whether you'll pre order a rumored item?
    1. we dont know if it exists
    2. we dont know if its near completion
    3. we dont know the price
    4. we dont know the features
    5. we dont know if we will like it.

    I sort of see what you meant by posting this (i'd wait until reviews came in) but i was just wondering how to decide whether to pre order it or not when we dont really know what it is.
  13. alphaod macrumors Core


    Feb 9, 2008
    No I will not preorder a non-existent product.
  14. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

    Mar 2, 2009
    i really hope not :eek:
  15. QCassidy352 macrumors G4


    Mar 20, 2003
    Bay Area
    I'd have to know price and specs, at a minimum. Even then, I'd probably want to wait and see if there are problems (though who am I kidding - I didn't do that with the 2G iphone).
  16. LizKat macrumors 68040


    Aug 5, 2004
    Catskill Mountains
    Wow I can see speculating about what might be fun to have on a tablet but I have never heard of Apple taking orders for vaporware. Or pre-orders.

    Why would they do that? It's totally not their style. They spec it, they demo it, they put the release date out there and WHEN THE STORE OFFERS IT FOR SALE, they sell it.

    Maybe I slept through a major release that was done differently, but I don't think so.
  17. aaquib macrumors 65816


    Sep 11, 2007
    Toronto, Canada
    Just off the top of my head, the MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iPhone 3GS and :apple: TV could all be pre ordered.
  18. splashnader thread starter macrumors 6502a


    Jul 1, 2008
    Via Satellite
    Well yeah. The post is assuming that Apple confirms the product and offers a press release with limited information. I am not talking about placing your order "now" I am talking will you pre-order once Apple releases the press release confirming it's existence.

    There will almost definitely be a pre-order, I mean there almost always is one.
  19. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000


    Dec 30, 2001
    The SimCity Deli
    If it has multiple pressure sensitivities and a stylus for use with natural media programs (Art Rage is what I use), then yes. I'll order one. :)

    If it's just a large iPod Touch that's More Funnest in some other kind of way, then no: I'll make do with my 2g iPT and MBPro. :(
  20. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604


    Dec 29, 2006
    dallas, texas
    Despite knowing nothing about price, etc. I'd say probably not.
  21. acearchie macrumors 68040


    Jan 15, 2006
    Well if it can render 4k in real time and run color flawlessly then I may consider it.
  22. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

    Jun 24, 2009
    How is anyone supposed to really know if they are going to pre-order the Apple Tablet?

    No one knows what the specs are, the exact price, what my budget will be like at the pre-order time, etc.

    If I have the funds to do so and it has decent specs, I'll probably pre-order it.
  23. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

    Jan 29, 2008
    If it resembles a netbook more than being a totally original concept, I would probably consider it even as a preoder. A netbook with touch capability or tablet capability is fine. What I'm really looking for is a 10" MacBook Air for $799 or less. If it has touch on top of it, that's great, but unnecessary. And if it is just a netbook with touch, then roughly I have a good idea of what to expect.

    The more untraditional the device is the though the longer I will have to wait, definitely until some other people have gotten their hands on it and user reviews have started pouring in.
  24. MattZani macrumors 68030


    Apr 20, 2008
    I Would probably pre-order, then once its properly announced, if it was under 10" Screen, and not ludicrously priced, i would keep my pre-order, if not i would cancel.
  25. Airforcekid macrumors 65816


    Sep 29, 2008
    United States of America

Share This Page