Will You Replace Your Current Touch for The New Touch?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by HappyDude20, Sep 8, 2009.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I just got a sixteen gig second gen iPod touch. I'm wondering about tomorrows keynote and the new iPod announcements.

Earlier today my friends and I were talking about how we've been wanting to capture the events we attend. Sure we have cell phone cameras but realstically they suck. The 2 gig camera on the first iPhone was always beter than my 3 gig lg dare cell phone.

So I guess what I'm wonderig is if you will get rid of your current iPod touch for the new one announced tomorow. Is the camera feature enoght for you to go for it ???

Since itsgonna be brand new the dillema I'm going through is either keeping my second gen sixteen gig iPod touch or get the new iPod touch with a camera hut it would most likely be the eight gig.

Thoughts?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

How about we wait to see what the new one looks like...

3. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

At some point I will get the new one. I have money owed to me that was set aside for that purpose.

But it won't replace, it will supplement. This one will be shared by the kids for a variety of things, but will still be "mine". They have nanos that are theirs.

4. Nocturnal22 macrumors 6502

no matter what selling my old 32gb 2nd gen for the hopefully 64gb 3rd gen.

5. na1577 macrumors 6502a

I'm buying it no matter what. I didn't buy the 2G, and my 1G is dying quickly. The battery is basically dead and there are scratches all over the glass. I still have money saved for the 2G that I never spent, so as soon as the order page is live I'm ready.

6. NXTMIKE macrumors 6502

Yes, I'm planning on selling my 8GB touch, 1st gen and getting a 3rd gen 16GB touch. For me, its not much of the camera but more of a space issue (8GB is not enough). I may even get a 32, depending on the prices.

7. kman101 macrumors newbie

Every since last year, I told myself I'd be getting the iPod touch that was released in September of 2009. Well, three weeks ago, my first gen touch broke on me, and I sent it in for recycling. I am very anxiously awaiting the new one, and am very excited for the camera, and speed increases. I have $300 set aside to give to Apple on Wednesday (tomorrow) :)

8. macsarethebest macrumors regular

HEY, hold your horses. We don't know for sure that there will be new ipod touches. personally, I think the leaked pics were done with a drill, and a little white paint. :) but thats just because I was hoping for a total makeover. I think Apple is getting lazy, if its the same, because the 3gs is the, ipod touch might be the same, etc...

9. MVApple macrumors 6502a

I already sold my 32gig 1gen ipod touch. I can't believe I paid $450 for that thing just about 1.5 years ago. :)

I sold it last week for $200 and I'm hoping that the new 32GB will be $300. A camera, new battery, microphone, volume rocker, long battery life, and faster processor, and speaker is a $100 upgrade IMO :)

10. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

stop doubting!!!!!:D lol

we will see one, even though we have heard no official news from apple.

we have seen 3 generations of ipod shuffles

6 generations of ipod classics

4 generations of ipod nano

2 generations of ipod touch.

what makes u think we won't see a 3rd generation...:D?

11. dmo580 macrumors member

LOL. All this talk about "I will sell." When the date flips 9/9/09 your iPod 1st and 2nd gen automatically DROPS in value.

Well I did my HW and I sold my iPod Touch 1G last week.

12. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

+1:)

the ipod 1G and 2G will drop in value

i bet my ipod touch 1G 8GB cost around $60-$100:D

13. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Looks like I haven't been the only one thinking about this...

Hmmm, now i'm wondering if I should go with either:

1. 16GB of space

or

2. 8GB of space, but with a camera!

---------

I think 16GB's might be more important to be...hmm, we'll see...tomorrow will greatly influence my decision.

14. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

Im not sure yet. I own a 1st and 2nd gen touch and I just preordered a 16gb zune hd the other day. If the only upgrade the touch offers is a camera and more memory then I am sticking with the zune and my 2 touch's but if the new touch is totaly redesigned with many new features Ill cancel my zune preorder and buy it.

15. thefatmould macrumors member

I would be if I had one as the camera and better processor would be worth the upgrade.

16. illibball087 macrumors regular

17. WeemanWise macrumors 6502

WeemanWise

I'm buying whatever 3rd generation model is available for $299, though what I'm replacing is not a previous iPod touch, but a 30 GB iPod video.

18. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

If I had a 2nd gen i probably would not but I have a 1st gen and if they bump the memory to 64gb I think I will jump on one, if it was just for the camera, I probably would not.

19. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

Jeez I use a case but no protector and my screen looks like the day I bought it.

20. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

A higher rez or OLED screen would be icing on that cake.

21. VvCompHelpvV macrumors member

I have promised myself already that if the 3rd gen has a camera on it I'm getting it. I have been hoping for that feature since the release of the 2nd gen...I'm totally pumped for tomorrow!

I hope the keynote is up by the time I get home tomorrow from school (2:30ish PACIFIC TIME) 8)

22. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

No replacing here! My dad has a 2nd gen but I'm buying a 3rd gen with my birthday money and my saved up allowance( hopefully getting a 16 gb touch ). I shall be going to the nearby apple store this weekend to buy the new touch!

23. na1577 macrumors 6502a

I've never used a case on my iPod touch. I don't know why, I used a case for all of my other iPods, (I was so scared to touch my 5G iPod, I barely used it for two weeks until I got a case, and when I had it replaced I placed it into the case without touching it) but the touch has always been naked. Maybe I exaggerated, but the screen has some very noticeable scratches.

24. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

Yes,as soon as I get my next pay check and figure out if I want to get rid of my 1st gen 8GB,then I'm going for the biggest model they offer.

25. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I already sold my 8GB 2G iPod touch to my friend. And in the process of selling my rarely-used PSP. I tried to be a gamer, but I'm a programmer by heart. Hopefully I have enough to buy the biggest capacity touch since my music library is expanding like the universe... :D