Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by supermac96, Jun 11, 2011.
So for people that currently own imacs or notebooks: will you pay the 30 buks to upgrade to Lion?
Of course! The under the hood changes are enough to make me want to switch.
and who wants to get left on an OS that will get left out of new features.
No brainer... yes
Sure will. I will miss the scroll bars though, I don't see why they would remove them altogether without an option to enable them. That and the fact that Save/versions features will always open documents I've been working on that I closed intentionally can be annoying. The rest is all good though
+1 of Course.
sure, it's only 30 bucks...
Also I don't want to have to try to scroll on every page that there could be more down below if I haven't seen it before. I hope theres something so you can tell if theres more to a page.
can someone explain how to get the free update if you just ordered a MBP? how does it work? mac n00b here.
If I remember correctly, you have 30 days from the day you register your computer to claim your free download. So don't register it just yet!
You can reenable them, and if the mouse you have plugged in is pre magic mouse, they are automatically always shown.
The bars fade in when you start scrolling, so you can see.
where does one register? is it when you register your mbp during the very first startup? or?
what do you mean with 'just don't register it yet'? what do i wait for? the MBP was ordered on the 8th, so why wait when i get it?
Where the option for if you already have it?
I've got the Developers Preview. Several programs I need to use don't work in Lion and haven't been upgraded yet, but upgrade are promised. When they are all upgraded, I'll get a copy and switch. I also have a Snow Leopard Server that I need to check out with Lion.
Bottom line is I've got a bunch of Macs in the household and they will all be upgraded at the same time once I'm sure there won't be any problems.
most likely not. while $30 is a great deal, i personally love snow leopard as is and have no reason to upgrade. this way i get to save $30 and i don't have to be bound to some apple id with my operating system.
I haven't seen anything really worthwhile so I'll hold off until the apps that I use start to require it. By that point it should be at about 10.7.3 or so with most of the major bugs sorted out.
interesting point, that's something i did not think about. do you think i will run in to update problems for applications that have their own update/check for updates feature if i do not upgrade? things like photoshop, iStat, etc
If the scroll bars are removed, how will we mouse and keyboard folks scroll?
definitely. after watching the keynote i am pretty excited about using it. i will probably wait a few days before purchasing it, though, just to make sure all of my main apps continue working with it (adobe and office). i don't anticipate any problems.
What about for those that purchased their MBP approximately 45 days ago? No free upgrades?
There's really no reason to upgrade: Its only $30, and you can go to a library, Starbucks, etc. if you need the Internet (like myself) to download.
I would think that you could use either the scroll wheel thing on your mouse, or the up and down arrow keys. But I'm sure they'll put in an option to turn the scroll bars on in System Preferences.
I'll wait for some reviews before I install it. I want all the kinks to be ironed out first.
But from the previews, I am not very exited. I just want some TRIM support so I can finally purchase a third party SSD without any hacks or rely on sandforce.
TRIM will not work on third party SSDs
I'll definitely upgrade but not for first few months. I wanna make sure that my core programs can run smoothly.
Looking forward to reviews from all you early adapters