Will you wait, or get it straight away? (Iphone 5)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Culton, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Culton macrumors newbie

Culton

Right, I'm new here.
    I wanted to know, will you wait till the prices lower, or will you get it straight away? :confused:

2. TheSacredSoul macrumors 6502a

I am recontracting so price is not a concern. I think people will be more worried with any bugs that may be present with the 1st batch. I dont really mind though. If there is any bugs, Ill just go get it exchanged.

3. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Of greater concern than price is functionality. I think one is better off waiting for the reviews to come in, both in the forum here and from the writers who evaluate phones.

Since Apple places a high value on style at the expense of funtionality as they did with Antennagate, I'd take a wait and see approach before making a decision to buy.

4. disarticulate macrumors regular

Apple has only dropped the price on the iPhone once, and that was within 2 months of inception. Retailers often drop the price of the iPhone within a month of the next models release, which would mean waiting until the "iPhone6" is within grasp.

I'll be pre-ordering the iPhone released in October.

5. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

What ever it is i'll upgrade as i'm still on a 3GS. I quite like the iPhone 4 so it wont be the end of the world if its just a spec upgrade. :)

6. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

So when are the prices supposed to be lowered?

I'll be getting the next phone right away. With the rumors that they may be in short supply and the demand of iPhones in the past, it leads me to believe that this will be a very hot item and if you decide to wait you may end up waiting longer than you planned.

7. Sirolway macrumors 6502

I've already waited, now I want it straight away! ;-)

Think you could be waiting a *really* long time for Apple to discount.. not sure they do that ...

8. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

If AT&T gives an upgrade "Amnesty" as they have in the past, I'll order right away. Otherwise my upgrade eligibility is Nov 6th and I'll order then.

9. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

The only time I see lower prices is when the new one is about to come out, so depending on what they show I will get it as soon as possible. And if your talking about refurbs, they probably won't show up for a couple of months, maybe even into next year if its released late october.

10. imotionb18 macrumors member

11. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

I'll wait until 2013 which is when my upgrade is. By then the iPhone 6 will be out.

12. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

A few friends and I are going to be getting ours on Day 1. Lining up was fun last year, so we are doing it again. :D

13. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I'll probably wait up to 3 months, depending on the hardware. If the hardware is that enticing, I'll get it around the end of Nov.

14. Qoo macrumors 6502

15. lionqueen macrumors 6502

Imma preorder if it's allowed if not, looks like i'm campin out overnight....

16. citizenal macrumors regular

I'll preorder it right away. Even trying hundreds of times for the iphone 4 launch, all I could get was a reservation that guaranteed me a iphone. I had to wait 8 hours for it at the apple store, but i got one. :cool:

17. tguilliams macrumors member

If it's an iPhone 5 with the radical new design or larger screen or whatever, yes.

If it's the iPhone 4s that's only a minor spec bump and mostly the same everything else, no. I might wait until a month or two after release and see if I can pick up a used one on eBay for 100-200 under full retail cost.

18. mactmaster macrumors 6502

I wish, my upgrade isn't till april of next year.

19. corys00 macrumors regular

Unfortunately I have a concession line with Verizon Wireless, so even if I had the device in hand, I couldn't activate it. For the iPhone 4 it was a little over a month after launch that we could get them activated. But hey, my bill is $17 a month and I have an iPhone 4 now, I won't complain.

20. dacapo macrumors 6502

What's a concession line?

21. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I'll order one asap. Last year I got lucky, got mine a day early via fedex, and it had no yellow screen issues. Even to this day I've only dropped 2 calls.. TWO- IN OVER A YEAR.

Even if you get a bum unit from the infamous "first batch" you're covered for a year. I'd rather get one early and have it all figured out and tweaked to my liking asap.

22. PhoneI macrumors 65816

Its amazing that a faster processor, double the ram, better camera is just considered a "minor" spec bump.

23. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

I'll wait to see what features have been added to the hardware side and what the IPhone 4 can't do with IOS 5.
    I also want to see whether there are any perceived issues with connectivity, antennae, etc.

24. auxsend macrumors regular

bigger screen, I'll be there launch day. Same screen. Seeya next year. Or Droid.

25. AlexanderTT macrumors member

AlexanderTT

I'll pre-order it as soon as the Apple site allows me to, simple as.