Will you wait, or get it straight away? (Iphone 5)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Culton, Sep 26, 2011.

  1. Culton macrumors newbie


    Sep 26, 2011
    Right, I'm new here.
    I wanted to know, will you wait till the prices lower, or will you get it straight away? :confused:
  2. TheSacredSoul macrumors 6502a

    Jul 8, 2010
    I am recontracting so price is not a concern. I think people will be more worried with any bugs that may be present with the 1st batch. I dont really mind though. If there is any bugs, Ill just go get it exchanged.
  3. vitzr macrumors 68030


    Jul 28, 2011
    Of greater concern than price is functionality. I think one is better off waiting for the reviews to come in, both in the forum here and from the writers who evaluate phones.

    Since Apple places a high value on style at the expense of funtionality as they did with Antennagate, I'd take a wait and see approach before making a decision to buy.
  4. disarticulate macrumors regular

    Jun 21, 2010
    Apple has only dropped the price on the iPhone once, and that was within 2 months of inception. Retailers often drop the price of the iPhone within a month of the next models release, which would mean waiting until the "iPhone6" is within grasp.

    I'll be pre-ordering the iPhone released in October.
  5. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040


    Sep 24, 2010
    What ever it is i'll upgrade as i'm still on a 3GS. I quite like the iPhone 4 so it wont be the end of the world if its just a spec upgrade. :)
  6. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a


    Mar 25, 2009
    Grand Rapids, MI
    So when are the prices supposed to be lowered?

    I'll be getting the next phone right away. With the rumors that they may be in short supply and the demand of iPhones in the past, it leads me to believe that this will be a very hot item and if you decide to wait you may end up waiting longer than you planned.
  7. Sirolway macrumors 6502

    Jun 13, 2009
    I've already waited, now I want it straight away! ;-)

    Think you could be waiting a *really* long time for Apple to discount.. not sure they do that ...
  8. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040


    Sep 8, 2011
    Eureka Springs, Arkansas
    If AT&T gives an upgrade "Amnesty" as they have in the past, I'll order right away. Otherwise my upgrade eligibility is Nov 6th and I'll order then.
  9. Fernandez21 macrumors 601


    Jun 16, 2010
    The only time I see lower prices is when the new one is about to come out, so depending on what they show I will get it as soon as possible. And if your talking about refurbs, they probably won't show up for a couple of months, maybe even into next year if its released late october.
  10. imotionb18 macrumors member

    Aug 5, 2011
  11. Kyotoma macrumors 68000


    Nov 11, 2010
    Carnegie and Ontario
    I'll wait until 2013 which is when my upgrade is. By then the iPhone 6 will be out.
  12. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

    Aug 13, 2008
    Kitchener, Ontario
    A few friends and I are going to be getting ours on Day 1. Lining up was fun last year, so we are doing it again. :D
  13. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

    Oct 27, 2009
    I'll probably wait up to 3 months, depending on the hardware. If the hardware is that enticing, I'll get it around the end of Nov.
  14. Qoo macrumors 6502

    Jun 15, 2010
  15. lionqueen macrumors 6502

    Aug 30, 2009
    Imma preorder if it's allowed if not, looks like i'm campin out overnight....
  16. citizenal macrumors regular

    Apr 25, 2010
    I'll preorder it right away. Even trying hundreds of times for the iphone 4 launch, all I could get was a reservation that guaranteed me a iphone. I had to wait 8 hours for it at the apple store, but i got one. :cool:
  17. tguilliams macrumors member

    Jan 15, 2008
    If it's an iPhone 5 with the radical new design or larger screen or whatever, yes.

    If it's the iPhone 4s that's only a minor spec bump and mostly the same everything else, no. I might wait until a month or two after release and see if I can pick up a used one on eBay for 100-200 under full retail cost.
  18. mactmaster macrumors 6502

    Jun 16, 2010
    I wish, my upgrade isn't till april of next year.
  19. corys00 macrumors regular

    Sep 6, 2011
    Unfortunately I have a concession line with Verizon Wireless, so even if I had the device in hand, I couldn't activate it. For the iPhone 4 it was a little over a month after launch that we could get them activated. But hey, my bill is $17 a month and I have an iPhone 4 now, I won't complain.
  20. dacapo macrumors 6502

    Jan 25, 2010
    What's a concession line?
  21. b166er macrumors 68020


    Apr 17, 2010
    I'll order one asap. Last year I got lucky, got mine a day early via fedex, and it had no yellow screen issues. Even to this day I've only dropped 2 calls.. TWO- IN OVER A YEAR.

    Even if you get a bum unit from the infamous "first batch" you're covered for a year. I'd rather get one early and have it all figured out and tweaked to my liking asap.
  22. PhoneI macrumors 65816

    Mar 7, 2008
    Its amazing that a faster processor, double the ram, better camera is just considered a "minor" spec bump.
  23. Mliii macrumors 65816


    Jan 28, 2006
    Southern California
    I'll wait to see what features have been added to the hardware side and what the IPhone 4 can't do with IOS 5.
    I also want to see whether there are any perceived issues with connectivity, antennae, etc.
  24. auxsend macrumors regular


    Sep 6, 2011
    Harrisburg, PA
    bigger screen, I'll be there launch day. Same screen. Seeya next year. Or Droid.
  25. AlexanderTT macrumors member


    Sep 20, 2011
    Liverpool, UK
    I'll pre-order it as soon as the Apple site allows me to, simple as.

Share This Page