Win Win?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by garciarios, Aug 18, 2009.

1. garciarios macrumors regular

Just want an opinion of the possibilities of this happening in Los Angeles.

I have an iphone 3g 8gb black. What are the odds of finding someone that is eligable for an upgrade to go buy a 16gb 3gs for $199 and giving it to me. I then give them $200 along with my 8gb 3g. In the end they get a free iphone and I get a 3gs. He keeps accesories that come with it we just swap phones.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I dunno 50/50? Your post is best suited for craigslist.org.

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

main problem I would see

if IO saw this deal on Crieglist is 1. I am agreeing too a 2 year contract with AT&T and if you cancel in 30 days I end up with the bill. also not sure why I would agree too a two year contract get a 3gs and then take your 3g. but heck that's me there is a sucker every minute right! :p

4. Harman M macrumors member

Or he could get 500 by throwing a 32 on ebay after paying 299 for it.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

6. army91c macrumors 6502a

I'm sure you could find someone to do it.... plus why would they have to be a sucker? They get a 3g iPhone and $200 so basically a free iPhone.....not every one needs or wants a 3gs, crazy as that may sound :rolleyes

Not a bad deal if your 3g is in new condition. If you really want to make it worth their while you would give them $300 and your 3g.

7. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Not high since the person who does the whole upgrade maneuver will be stuck with an Upgrade Fee, a prorated Data plan, and a new 2-year contract.

You have to account for all that before proceeding.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes.
    He could get a brand new 3G for $99 without having to take a chance with your old used iphone 3G.

9. Eso macrumors 68000

Eso

Why don't they just keep the 3GS as it is a better phone than your 3G? Or, better yet, they could meet up with you, steal your $200 and your iPhone, and end up with two iPhones for free (it is LA after all).

10. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

That would suck. Then we'd see a Lose, Lose thread. I'd try CL and fish for a sucker. This is the internet after all.