Win7 x64 booting natively via EFI (no BIOS emulation)

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by VirtualRain, May 4, 2009.

1. Sincci macrumors regular

Btw, has anyone managed to get Windows 10 installed in Uefi mode with the brightness controls working? I recently managed to get my old mid 2009 13" MBP working almost perfectly with Windows 10 (with keyboard backlight and audio working properly), but I haven't been able to adjust my screen's brightness levels at all.

2. HerrT macrumors newbie

Success! but no audio

After reading #1100 https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...o-bios-emulation.696523/page-44#post-24292585 at last I could activate the Intel HD 4000 graphics on my MacBook Pro Retina Mid 2012.
    1. installed GFXCardStatus 2.44i and set it to Integrated Only.
    2. booted from a freshly created Win 10 Pro installation USB stick made with the MediaCreationTool.
    I simply deleted the partition with macOS, formated it with NTFS and installed Windows 10 normally.
    3. installed all drivers via BootCamp an updated the Nvidia Geforce 650m. To successfully boot up Windows 10 I had to deactivate the other graphic card entry, first showed as basic display device. Later I even could install the Intel HD graphics driver. So both, the 650m and HD4000 are visible in the device manager.

But I can't activate the Audio HD device at all. Please could someone let me know, how I could make it active.
    Do I have to use Grub oder rEFInd? Could someone please help me?

3. monkeybagel macrumors 65816

FWIW, Audio is one of the most common issues installing Windows in EFI mode on machines prior to the first MacBook Air's that supported EFI in boot camp. If you did get it installed, you could not get Windows to accept any Audio drivers to enable sound.