Windows 10 and The Macbook 3,1

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by comda, Aug 3, 2015.

1. comda macrumors 6502a

comda

Greetings Macrumors!

A few months ago, thanks for fellow MR members i managed to get windows 7 Home 64 Bit on my 3,1 Macbook which according to apple, can only do windows 7 32bit. Everything on the bootcamp installer from the Snow Leopard dvd worked except for the video driver which i ended up getting from Intel and bam it works awesome!

But now as we speak im downloading windows 10 home for the free upgrade Microsoft is offering and I'm wondering if anyone has already accomplished getting windows 10 home/pro working on a 2007/2008 White Macbook Core 2 Duo!

I had windows 8.1 working and it ran just when i tried accessing the OSX drive it would crash.

2. macenied, Aug 3, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  3. comda, Aug 3, 2015

comda thread starter macrumors 6502a

comda

Thanks Macenied, I will try the paragon Driver. AS to posting 57 on the comparison between windows and mac what are you trying to say? windows should run fine on older hardware? Im using the macbook to type this on and im running 10 now.

So far everything seems to run great other then the bootcamp software. WIndows doesnt understand this is a laptop and i cant use the function keys to control volume or brightness and the fans are kicking pretty high for general use. Other then that pretty darn fast.
    I cant use right click with control, cant do volume, brightness, cd eject nothing.

4. macenied, Aug 3, 2015

macenied macrumors 6502a

macenied

Hi,

I am saying that according to Apple my Notebook ( MBP 7.1 mid 2010 13" ) should not run even unter Windows 8/8.1. In fact it runs Windows 10 (64-Bit) nicely. I needed to hand-pick the drivers for that. Apple tries to force users to buy new machines with their product policy and life-cycles, not based on technical facts and it supports Windows compatibility in a way to make the OS looking bad compared to OSX. I have not been aware about that when I bought my MBP and when I will buy my next Laptop, it will be most likely no more Apple branded.

5. comda thread starter macrumors 6502a

comda

I completely agree with you! Its sad all these core 2 duo machines can handle newer versions of OSX with a Ram upgrade yet apple cuts them off! im stuck at Lion which i hate so im using snow leopard on this machine, and its a 4mb cache better then my desktop with a 2mb C2D and its running 10 no problem!

SO my question is since obviously i cant use the bootcamp software drivers to get my function keys to work again, nor can i even adjust brightness in 10' is there a generic driver out there? ive been searching the web and cant come up with much/