Windows 10 on a Mac Pro 1,1- El Capitan installed with Pike's boot.efi

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by LaurentR2D2, Dec 28, 2016.

1. LaurentR2D2 macrumors member

Hello,

I have a Mac Pro with El Capitan installed thanks to Pike's boot.efi. It has 15 Gb RAM and an
    ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 Mb. El Capitan is installed on a 120 Gb SSD. I have an empty 100 Gb partition on another drive. Can I use Bootcamp to install Windows 10 on this partition without having a problem with the Pike's boot.efi ? If it is possible, which version of Windows 10 should I use ? The 32 or the 64 bits version ?

Thank you

2. darevk macrumors newbie

darevk

+1
    I've been trying this since yesterday. I don't know how many hours I've spent. I even created new recovery HD and disabled SIP so I can install rEFIt. I can't boot from usb and if I boot from dvd I'm stuck at: Select CD-Rom Boot Type

P.S. I created BOOTCAMP partition with bootcamp.. and it's waiting for windows but I really don't have idea what to do next. I'm feeling like i tried almost everything..
    I'm going crazy with this, so some informations and help would be perfect haha.
    Thanks!

3. flyinmac macrumors 68030

flyinmac

While not guaranteed to work, you can read over the discussion linked below for possible solutions. Prior to that method, I was having the same problem as you.

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads...allation-no-bootloaders-or-efi-hacks.1905564/

4. cherokeechief macrumors newbie

cherokeechief

I was able to do it on my Mac Pro 1,1. I did have to recreate a bootable DVD, and add a modified boot file to the ISO.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqM2YtinH-LxHE138gAlkcg
    this is the Hrutkey Mods and he has a list of videos for the Mac Pro 1,1/2,1 on how to install windows qo, and modify the boot camp and also mods for the Mac Pro 1,1/2,1. I followed a lot of his info and it has worked for me