Windows 7 64 bit Macbook Problems

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Zwalk, May 25, 2009.

1. Zwalk macrumors newbie

okay, so basically I was instlling windows 7 on bootcamp, all was well until I went to use the OSX driver disk. SO i use it, and basically it says it wont work on 64 bit. SO naturally I investigate and find that I may need to download the old version and then overwrite it with the new version, so I try that and it seems to have worked, or I didnt get the error. Unfortunately my keyboard doesnt light up now, and the LED screen isnt adjustable via keyboard

my touchpad doesnt alow me to used the multi finger capability, I cant scroll down with 2 fingers, right click or anything.

Please help if you can Id really apreciate it.

SOrry for my bad capitlization, spelling, and possibly bad explanation, I got wrist surgery and I cnt type to sav my life

Thanks

-Zak :apple:

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

insert your OSX DVD and browse thru the folders of it (I believe its under Driver>Apple) look for bootcamp64 and double click that, this will install all the drivers. Re-start the machine after its done.

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I had to get the BootCamp 2.1 64-bit drivers through other means since I have a Late 2007 MacBook.

32-bit only on my disc. What Mac are you install 7 on?

4. bkap16 macrumors member

Apple only gives the 64-bit drivers to the 2008 and 2009 updates to the Pro computers (both desktop and laptop). If you have a friend with a Macbook Pro, borrow their install disk and use those drivers.

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Easy, just go to Run and type the following:

D:
    cd "Boot Camp\Drivers\Apple"
    msiexec /i BootCamp64.msi

That will bypass the lame-brain Apple check that tells you, your MacBook can't run 64-bit. If that doesn't do it. Go manually into the Leopard disc by using Explorer and going thru the file system in the DVD until you reach "BootCamp64". Click it and let the fun begin:D