Windows 7 Bootcamp Install Disc Problem

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by dwana49, Jul 28, 2011.

1. dwana49 macrumors newbie

My computer was Snow Leopard with a Windows XP Partition and everything was peachy keen. I upgraded to Lion with a Developer Preview a few months ago and took the option to skip the installation of the Recovery HD because the Bootcamp interfered with it and both partitions still ran without a hitch.

When the official release came out last week, I downloaded that version of Lion and installed it. The partition made its little problem or whatever but this time it just came back as not installable, and I was not given the option to skip the Recovery HD. Because I opted for a full installation of an official, stable release of the OS, I backed up a few important files on my XP partition and erased it (not knowing about that little fix where you change the size of the partition). Besides, I think Windows 7 would be a good change, and as it's the only option, I went with it. Correctly reinstalled that newest official Lion without the impediment from Bootcamp.

I ran Boot Camp Assistant and made a new partition. I got an .iso of Windows 7. BCA downloaded the Support files and I burned them to a CD. All is well. Now it asks for the install disk. I burned my .iso to a DVD and put it in, and hit install. BCA decided it wasn't going to accept it (the disk "couldn't be found"). I have done many Google searches and tried burning the .iso to DVD at a lower speed, 4x, but still nothing. Can anyone help with this?

:-Dan

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

With the disc in, try restarting while holding down the "opt" key. Select the DVD as the boot volume. It should startup in the Windows installer. If not, I would suspect the .iso as possibly not being bootable.

Btw: if you quit Boot Camp Assistant, then insert the DVD, does it mount in OS-X?

3. dwana49 thread starter macrumors newbie

Did that. DVD did not show up on the alt-startup page, only Mac and the Recovery HD. The .iso I have specifically says it is bootable. Should I just find another .iso and try it again?