Windows 7 install just stops..

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Hermes Monster, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Hermes Monster macrumors 6502a

Hermes Monster

Hi

I'm trying to install W7 on my Mac, everything goes fine until I get to the actual windows set up, and it says "that's everything we need for now" then your pc will restart a few times. Which it does, but then just goes to a black screen, the Mac sounds like it's gone to sleep. I left it for about 30 minutes with no change so powered it down..tried it all again from scratch and still the same result

On the Mac partition I can see that the windows partition has been created, but is called "untitled"

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Which Mac do you have? Also, how did you start the installation process? Thru Bootcamp or did you just insert the disk and started?

3. Hermes Monster thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hermes Monster

Apologies, I have the iMac Core i3 (current base model) and I did it through Bootcamp 3

thanks

4. dmk1974 macrumors 68000

dmk1974

I am having the same exact issue trying to install windows 7 on my boot camp partition. It reboots and i just get a blank screen. I also have a 21.5" i3 3.06 iMac. Did you find a resolution? Never had this problem installing bootcamp and windows 7 on my MBP.