Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SamtheDrummer

macrumors member
Original poster
May 28, 2009
Yep, I've installed it restarted it, but it just wont flipping work?!
I honestly cant understand why, it makes no sense :confused:

Gav Mack

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2008
Sagittarius A*
Stop trying to install DX9 or 10 - Windows 7 has DX11 built in :D

The bootcamp video drivers aren't that good for 7, windows update has an optional Nvidia driver but Nvidia has newer versions on their website which work fine. Select the 9m series W7 driver and once it's downloaded right click the exe and click 'Run as Administrator'.

Check the games website for any patches because games always have bugs.

Lastly - 32 or 64 bit Windows 7?

SamtheDrummer

macrumors member
Original poster
May 28, 2009
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

12hours and I have successfully installed windows 7 and got games working :D:D:D

Thankyou so so so so much to everyone that has helped!
Im off to France tomorow so I can now get some rest and enjoy my holiday :D

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
California
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

12hours and I have successfully installed windows 7 and got games working :D:D:D

Thankyou so so so so much to everyone that has helped!
Im off to France tomorow so I can now get some rest and enjoy my holiday :D

Wait you did install the video drivers right? Did you go back to 32-bit? What did you do?

Stop trying to install DX9 or 10 - Windows 7 has DX11 built in :D

Yes, but for whatever reason it doesn't have the latest DX9/10 version.

SamtheDrummer

macrumors member
Original poster
May 28, 2009
I went on the Nvida website and followed the search to find a 9M windows 7 driver and now everything works (although not full screen but I guess I can mess about with the settings)

DataCabbitKSW

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2009
With Windows 7, they streamlined out the old DirectX 9 and below. Only included is DirectX 10 and 11 (and many extensions of 9 emulated under 10). So you will need to install DirectX 9.0c to get some older games to work, as it also includes the DirectX 7 extensions and some even older. After that, try re-installing the graphic drivers. I do believe most Macs are using either Intel integrated graphics chips or Nvidia chips. You can get drivers for that through Windows Update, or directly from the manufacturer sites. They will include OpenGL and DirectX extensions, and lots of other functionality updates. If you are still having issues you may want to try also posting over to the official Windows 7 RC Support Forum located here http://tinyurl.com/9fhdl5 . Given the right information, they can probably help sort your problem out pretty quick.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.