Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
The point I'm making is that upgrading is cumbersome right now for Microsoft products. One, you may have to buy the software. Two, you should upgrade via clean install. This is not a user friendly experience for most folks. Microsoft needs to iron that out going forward.

I think you're just guessing.... I'll wait and see what happens in a few weeks and make my decision then. I'll probably risk it just for the heck of it.

MindsEye

macrumors regular
May 3, 2010
The point I'm making is that upgrading is cumbersome right now for Microsoft products. One, you may have to buy the software. Two, you should upgrade via clean install. This is not a user friendly experience for most folks. Microsoft needs to iron that out going forward.

You can bank on 9 being free for phone and Surface owners but whether they offer the same courtesy to Pro users will remain to be seen. I'm leaning towards that they will to tighten their grip on the win tablet market.

I would be shocked if its not distributed on their windows store as an upgrade like 8.1.

I like you always do a fresh install when moving from one OS to the next but i would imagine we are in the minority in their consumer base. A number i assume would be even smaller among tablet owners. Would probably to much of a hassle for a great deal of users.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.