Windows Convert

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by techguy1, Feb 5, 2009.

1. techguy1 macrumors regular

Bought my first ever Mac after being a Windows user for more years than I care to remember. Got a white Macbook 2Ghz with 2gig DDR2 from my local Apple store.
    I thought that was good enough for my first Mac experience.

Never been to an Apple store and was surprised to see so many people in the store, browsing and playing with the demo's.
    Told the assistant I was interested in purchasing a Macbook as my first Mac machine and he asked how much time I had .. told him I had no time limit and he offered to spend an hour with me showing me the basics of the OS .. I was impressed.
    Go into a store and buy a Windows PC and all they do is get the box of tricks from the store-room and send you to the cash out.

Been playing around and trying to understand the basics and have had no problems with driver updates and constant re-boots which would have been normal if I'd brought home a new Windows laptop.

I'll probably be asking a few questions over the next few weeks .. ha .. took me an hour to find out how to turn it off :D

2. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

Welcome to the community. I switched in October, it was and is a fantastic experience.

:)

3. Splash7279 macrumors newbie

Splash7279

it actually took you an hour to turn it off???
    or is it just a joke

I got my new alu macbook for christmas and I never had any problems with it

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY:apple:

4. Ariez macrumors regular

Meh, if youre anything like me, you will not/cant let go of windows. Its second nature to me :p

5. tubbymac macrumors 65816

tubbymac

This. I'm trying to imagine how, but can't picture it!

6. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

Maybe looking for the START button. :eek:

7. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Also, don't shut them down. Since the turn of the millennium, it's better to just have a computer sleep when you're done using it.

8. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Welcome to the fold! You will find you and your Mac are [all cliches and ad sayings aside] meant and made for each other.

Literally, sounds like a worn off phrase, but its the God honest truth.