Windows VMWare virtual OS on Fusion

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Biko65, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Biko65 macrumors newbie

Biko65

Hello, I have several VmWare virtual machines on my Quad core running Vista and WmWare 6.5.1 for windows.
    Can I use them under Fusion too or do I have to reinstall all the OSes....?

Thank you

Andrea

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I don't quite get your question. I understand you have Fusion already from this exert:

Now, you are asking you want to use Fusion to run them?

Just to make it a bit clear, VMware Fusion is same thing a VMware. A virtual machine maybe running under VMware Fusion and another program called Parallels.

Can you use a Parallels Virtual machine under Fusion? I don't know and the website for Fusion has the answer to that.

3. Biko65 thread starter macrumors newbie

Biko65

I was not clear, for sure.

What I wanted to know was if the same virtual machine I used under Vmware Desktop under Windows vista, could be copied and used under Fusion in MACOSX.
    I wrote the question while installing MacOSX on my brand new Macbook Pro...now the installation is over and tested it by myself : it works perfectly, apart from the vmware tools that were to be re-installed..

Anyway thank you !!

ANdrea

4. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

Yes, regular VMware images work on Fusion.
    I am using a Ubuntu VM that was created with VMWare workstation in windows. It works perfectly, except I get a "IDE: disk not found" error. I just press ok and it is fine. I dont knwo if that is an issue of using a workstation image in fusion, or just how the original image was created.