Windows X64 on Mid 2009 Macbook.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by JLUGO35, Apr 27, 2010.

1. JLUGO35 Guest

JLUGO35

So after spending two hours installing and configuring Windows 7 for my macbook, I decided to complete the process by loading the drivers off my snow leopard cd. I got a rude awakening when I saw boot camp 64 bit drivers were not supported on my model. Research on Apple confirms this although its bull in my opinion. Overall it works but its kind of annoying with the screen resolution being off and no Aero support. My question is, has anyone managed to compile a list of drivers needed for a fully enjoyable expereience. I don't see why it can't be done its just that hunting drivers can be a pain.

2. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

This little trick usually works well for people.

3. JLUGO35 thread starter Guest

JLUGO35

Ok I will have to try that then. With exams coming up, I'm not sure when I'll get another free day. So if I do those commands manually it ignores the fact my model is technically not supported?

4. Squuiid macrumors 6502a

Squuiid

5. JLUGO35 thread starter Guest

JLUGO35

I tried that trick and it worked like a charm. Thanks to all those that helped me out.

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Lol, what I always do...

7. JLUGO35 thread starter Guest

JLUGO35

I googled for hours and I never saw that trick anywhere. Good thing for Macrumors.com.