Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr Kram

macrumors 68020
Oct 1, 2008
Had this with dinner.

56d0bebb0559a330827b129bd571020c.jpg

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
How do you like it? It was a bit too sweet for me when I tried it.

I have acquired a bad chest cough and cold in the past two days; when I first tried this beer, yes, agreed, it was too sweet. At the time, I had purchased two bottles.

However, I am out of sorts this evening, coughing, a little bilious, and yes, something sweet was just what I craved. So, tonight, it met my needs perfectly.

The last thing I wanted was the sours I usually love.

Thus, my second beer of the night is a timeless classic: Founder's KBS.

Reactions: mobilehaathi

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Sounds like a blue-chip combination. Just opened a bottle from Costco of their Kirkland's Cabernet Sauvignon which I enjoyed before while reading 'The Silkworm', Cormoran Strike book # 2.

My book is "Danubia - A Personal History of Habsburg Europe" by Simon Winder. So far, a terrific read, and goes exceedingly well with beer (or, I expect, wine).

Reactions: Gutwrench

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
I have not. Any good?

It’s not world class but worth the stop if you’re in the Valley. At one time I lived twenty minutes from Napa (city). It’s a gorgeous region. Sunday drives on Highway 29 are beautiful with the hot air balloons floating through it. Sterling is at the north end near Calistoga. It’s a beautiful monastery style winery. It has (had) a self guided tour and a picturesque courtyard perfect for pictures of the valley.

Mr Kram

macrumors 68020
Oct 1, 2008
It’s not world class but worth the stop if you’re in the Valley. At one time I lived twenty minutes from Napa (city). It’s a gorgeous region. Sunday drives on Highway 29 are beautiful with the hot air balloons floating through it. Sterling is at the north end near Calistoga. It’s a beautiful monastery style winery. It has (had) a self guided tour and a picturesque courtyard perfect for pictures of the valley.

thanks will keep this in mind. it's been so long since I've toured the wineries in Napa/sonoma. there are so many great places in the central coast now and it's only a 2 hour drive for me.

Reactions: Gutwrench

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Went to a new local brewery over the weekend named "Liberation Brewery". Beers were good. Tried a few of their IPA's as well as a Brown and Amber. The Brown Ale had coffee which to me made it the stand out of the bunch. Good stuff!

Reactions: mobilehaathi

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
510ml of Blind Pig IPA from Russian River Brewing Company, definitely my favorite IPA from them.

I keep reading about tempting, tasty and interesting brews and beverages form Russian River Brewing Company.

However, I have never laid eyes on them (or their alluring products) on This Side Of The Pond.

Must look into whether this can be remedied.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.