Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Just poured a glass of Mooi & Meedogenloos (a splendid beer that is a sort of cross between a Russian Imperial stout style and a classic stunning Belgian quadrupel) by Brouwerij de Molen.

martint235

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2016
So I tried the Abbaye de St Martin beers last night and have to report that they are flipping nice. The Bruin is very dark, with a nice roasted flavour to it. The Triple (which I prefer) was slightly lighter but fuller bodied. I only had 8 but I'm feeling it this morning.
Confession time. Today is the first time I've felt "normal" since my session on Saturday night. I don't think I'll be drinking that many high strength beers again any time soon.

Reactions: Gutwrench

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
Confession time. Today is the first time I've felt "normal" since my session on Saturday night. I don't think I'll be drinking that many high strength beers again any time soon.

Just in time for pre-Friday scrimmage.
[doublepost=1541073500][/doublepost]Mankind cannot not live on scotch, bourbon, vodka, and beer alone. I made pitcher of coquitos Sunday and finished it off last night. :)

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California

Ha... That is funny. I have had a few of those nights.

I was able to snag myself a bottle of "Black Tuesday" by the Bruery. This years offering clocks in at 19.2% abv. The 2017 and 2018 versions were outstanding so I am expecting nothing less from this year. I was picked up a bottle of their Barrel-Aged Share This. This one comes in a little lighter at 13.5%. I have had this one a few times and boy is it tasty.

As for last night, I had one of my favorites, but rather hard to get in my neck of the woods, Wasatch's Polygamy Porter. So good, so smooth, and was perfect for the night.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.

Yes, I had wondered, I must admit, - about your capacity for copious consumption not to mention that of your recovery and recuperation, - when I originally read your post.

Today, I visited the excellent high end deli that is also where I buy my beers.

I had been appraised that a delivery of a crate - well two - of Curmudgeon's Better Half - is due on Friday, or perhaps this evening. Following a chat on the phone earlier in the week, it was agreed that I could have one of these two crates all to myself. I paid for it today, even though it has yet to arrive in the store. It shall be delivered, well, sometime soon.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Just this very minute, I have opened a bottle of a beer called Mooi & Meedogenloos from the Brouwerij de Molen, a sort of cross between an Imperial Stout and a Belgian quadrupel.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Just this very minute, I have opened a bottle of a beer called Mooi & Meedogenloos from the Brouwerij de Molen, a sort of cross between an Imperial Stout and a Belgian quadrupel.

Easy for you to say!

Not as exotic as your tipple. Mine’s a Jack Daniels & Coke with ice. Lovely all the same.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
My second beverage of the night is Curmudgeon's Better Half, from Founder's. This is described as an "old ale brewed with molasses and aged in maple syrup bourbon barrels."

It is sublime. It is also 12.7% abv, something, oddly, you don't really notice. At first.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Had a couple nice beers over the weekend:

BJ's Pumpkin Ale 2018 batch - it was a decent pumpkin ale, I actually liked the spice from 2017 better though.
Good Morning Skidrokyo - this was my second time having this stout and it is pretty darn tasty.
Founders Breakfast Stout - first one of the season and this batch is pretty darn good.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Had a couple nice beers over the weekend:

BJ's Pumpkin Ale 2018 batch - it was a decent pumpkin ale, I actually liked the spice from 2017 better though.
Good Morning Skidrokyo - this was my second time having this stout and it is pretty darn tasty.
Founders Breakfast Stout - first one of the season and this batch is pretty darn good.

Yes, Founder's Breakfast Stout is pretty good, isn't it?

Reactions: rhett7660
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.