Winter Break

dmw007

macrumors G4
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
Just had to say that as of today, I am finally on winter break! YAHOOOOO!!!!!!!! :D

Although, I have had a great semester at college- I am quite ready to take a holiday (till ~January 17th! :) ). Looking forward to a time of peace and relaxation (actually I will spend most of the time at work- but it beats hitting the books).

Sorry, just had to express my joy; anyone else glad for winter break?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Well, it's all upside down here so I'm on summer break and have been since the end of November. I don't need to go back to uni until March which should give me a little while to earn some cash.

Aren't holidays the greatest! :p

NewbieNerd

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2005
Chicago, IL
joepunk said:
Have a great 4 weeks off from school.

How long are semesters anyway? Quarters at my Uni. are 10 weeks long.
Semesters at my school are 14 weeks of classes, not including breaks. In primary school we have 4 quarters, but for college it's generally broken down into 2 semesters, though I know there are some universities, like UChicago, that actually have 3 trimesters. Not sure if that means the school year is supposed to seem like pregnancy though... :p

Macaddicttt

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2004
San Diego, CA
I just had my last exam today, and I'm so glad to be done. Tomorrow morning I head home and I'll get to see my girlfriend whom I haven't seen since August. I'm so excited! :)

dmw007

macrumors G4
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
Macaddicttt said:
I just had my last exam today, and I'm so glad to be done. Tomorrow morning I head home and I'll get to see my girlfriend whom I haven't seen since August. I'm so excited! :)
Ah yes, the trip home- for me ~6 minutes (commuter). :D

yippy

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
I am almost in the same boat as you. I have my last final tomorrow morning and then I am on break until January 17th. Well, that is actually under normal circumstances, next semester I am actually going to a different school (Aalborg in Denmark) through a study abroad program. That means I won't start until Feburary 1st:D

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
I have school until thursday, then I'm off 'til Jan. 3rd. Seems like a rip off to me.

dmw007

macrumors G4
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
yippy said:
I am almost in the same boat as you. I have my last final tomorrow morning and then I am on break until January 17th. Well, that is actually under normal circumstances, next semester I am actually going to a different school (Aalborg in Denmark) through a study abroad program. That means I won't start until Feburary 1st:D
Cool! I am playing around with the idea of studying abroad the first semester of my junior year (the semester following the one after break) in London, England. I have to yet make up my mind though...

Have fun, sounds like a great opportunity. :)

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Do you guys all have a really long summer break? I can't imagine not having my three months off over Christmas. :eek:

Having said that, my winter break is only the one month. :(

dmw007

macrumors G4
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
mad jew said:
Do you guys all have a really long summer break? I can't imagine not having my three months off over Christmas. :eek:

Having said that, my winter break is only the one month. :(
My summer break is about ~4 months.

yippy

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
Well you won't have been worried if you Aussies didn't to the whole seasons thing backwards and all. Talk about confusing through non conformity. :p

Just pulling your leg there Mad Jew. I wish I was in Australia, in fact, I am going to see about studying abroad there next fall...er spring... ok, so second half 2006.

dmw007

macrumors G4
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
mad jew said:
Ah good. I was worried about you guys for a moment there. Don't wanna work too hard. :p
I should say not.

After all, "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy"- Or something like that... :)

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
yippy said:
Well you won't have been worried if you Aussies didn't to the whole seasons thing backwards and all. Talk about confusing through non conformity. :p

Just pulling your leg there Mad Jew. I wish I was in Australia, in fact, I am going to see about studying abroad there next fall...er spring... ok, so second half 2006.
Second session 2006 = spring. First session 2006 = Autumn.

We don't call it Fall here cause bugger all of our leaves actually "fall." Come out for the whole year, you get a better appreciation of a place if you stay for a full 12 months. That way you get the best of the beach weather (summer) and the best weather to see the outback (winter). And if you stay the whole year you'll get to see us try and win back The Ashes off England - those pommies are going to pay...