Winter Snow Coming...What'd You Stock Up On?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by wvuwhat, Dec 18, 2009.

1. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

So, I'm in Northern VA and we're expected to get 12+" of snow starting tonight. Now that I'm out of college, snow kinda sucks, but for some reason I'm looking forward to it right now. Maybe because of the fact I have a Harris Teeter, Walgreens, McDonalds, Taco Bell, Chinese Food, Domino's, and a local pub behind my house.

Either way, I've been preparing:

-Fringe, Season One (Blu-ray)
    -Crown Royal and Johnny Walker Black
    -5 hamburgers (to heat up over the weekend)
    -Stuff to make turkey chili and pot roast
    -Sour Cream and Onion Chips
    -Water
    -Salad and Dressing
    -Fight Night Round 4: PS3
    -Diet Pepsi

I'm looking forward to being snowed in...now I just need the power to stay on.

2. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Lots of hot coco mix and real chocolate.... oh and milk.

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I stocked up on plenty of rollover minutes on my cell phone to call for pizza delivery when I get snowed in.

Although in St. Louis we're only expecting a light dusting..

It's this white stuff that falls from the sky that you have to scrape off your car...no, wait, that's bird ****.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

6. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Might that be IMO's to which you are referrring? My wife loves that stuff, but of course we only get it when we visit her family there, which means we'll be getting some next week. :D

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Crap!!

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

12"+, damn boy. We've got 10cm coming tomorrow so we have no need to stock up.
    But for Christmas-New Years we've stocked up on pate, crackers, crisps, savoury eggs and all that kind of stuff. And bitter lemon :cool:

9. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Plenty of friends to accompany me to Ski Liberty in the morning. :D

10. Queso macrumors G4

We were supposed to get 20cm last night. We had severe weather warnings and everything. I woke up this morning and there were about three flakes worth settled in the street outside. Walked to work. No snow. Beautiful sunny day with blue sky, then walked home again. Still no snow.

I've come to the conclusion the BBC News is simply replaying footage from February. There is no snow. It's just a media conspiracy.

11. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Of course. If it's not Imos, it's not pizza :D

12. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

Here in Long Island, we are supposed to be getting up to 14 inches of snow with 50 MPH winds (Blizzard Conditions).

I read on a local news site this morning, that they were predicting 6 - 12 inches. The very next sentence says that the storm might miss us entirely! Unbelievable, the comments on the article were pretty funny, but I just checked and they pulled it down. They covered their bases, so much for being a news organization "We Might get alot, we might get none!". I want to be a weatherman when I grow up! LOL

13. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Stocking up on courage. :D I'm a Christmastime 'peak season' driver helper for UPS while home from college. They're predicting the highest volume of the year Monday. The storms look like they're going to be south of us, but the Berkshires can have unpredictable snowfall, and running 250 packages down icy driveways with 10" of snow on the ground might not make my day. ;)

14. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

So I can blame you if the gift I sent to the U.S. doesn't get there on time? ;)

15. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

16. ArrowSmith macrumors regular

What snow? I bought myself a snow shovel just in case. But last year at this time(in Seattle) we were literally buried in snow & ice. Now it's like almost balmy! Global warming I tell yah! :D:D

17. acurafan macrumors 6502a

18. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Radar map of the storm at 7:21 P.M. EST, from HamWeather. Second image is the storm at 12:36 A.M. EST; the third at 2:51 A.M. EST.

Attached Files:

19. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

women. and booze.

I just moved here to Philly from Seattle. I remember that snow storm and king5 airing that footage.

It was only 3 inches, I made it every day. Just a Jeep Cherokee and snowtires. That and brains.

20. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I'm just south of the projected line between 3-7" and 4-9". I almost hope it's not too bad north of me so the concert I'm in isn't canceled.

21. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

I moved to NY from Tacoma it was incredible the way people freaked out over a few flakes. And I lived in MT and Chicago too, even the east coast ain't got nothing on the rockies or the inner great lakes. If I cannot drive to work on Sunday I'll put on a parka and my snow boots and walk the 3 miles.

22. GreatDrok macrumors 6502a

GreatDrok

Winter? No-one told me winter was here again. I thought summer had only just started. Mind you, it has been a bit nippy lately. Dropped below 20C (68F in old money) yesterday. Brrrrr.

Oh, you mean in the *Northern* hemisphere. Ah, well, you guys enjoy the snow, I'm going to slap on the sun block and fire up the barbie for some sausages.

23. wvuwhat thread starter macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

Well, the Johnny Walker has served me well. I took a peek outside and we're just a little bit over 7"'s by my calculations right now, 3:52 Eastern. Finally headed to bed. When I wake up, I hope we're close to the 2 feet that they have said we are getting (up from the original 12+"'s).