Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Updated this morning and had a freeze on the respring. Had to do a hard reset and sat on the Apple logo for what seemed like forever.

I was afraid I was going to have to do the restore again but everything seems fine as of now. I didn't even know about the options in the settings menu so I haven't had a chance to go through and play.

mreddys10

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2008
I did a respring first, then checked the free memory which was at 147 MB.

I 'optimized' it, then another respring, and its now at 152 MB. Not a bad gain, but no real noticeable difference in performance.

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
I did the very latest update to Winterboard and noticed it now takes up to 10 seconds for my settings.app to start. Anyone else experiencing this? There were no other changes prior to that and now it's really slow to kick off settings. Never experienced that before.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
I did the very latest update to Winterboard and noticed it now takes up to 10 seconds for my settings.app to start. Anyone else experiencing this? There were no other changes prior to that and now it's really slow to kick off settings. Never experienced that before.

Mine opens almost instantaneously.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.