Winterboard Themes Compatible with Retina Display

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by darnovo, Aug 2, 2010.

1. darnovo macrumors regular

2. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

You read my mind. I hope there is an awesome complete one coming like iLLumine

3. suade8880 macrumors member

4. DinoMachino macrumors member

DinoMachino

I want!!!!

Sorry for the outburst, but I'm so ready to see a retina display resolution theme that I keep googling every couple if hours, but this darn post keeps coming up first!

So now I'm posting so I get notifications of replies

I'm afraid I may just have to design my ow
    ... Off to hunt for tutorials!

5. Serious Jak macrumors newbie

The creator of Illimune is planning on iPhone 4 HD version. here is a WIP pic he posted in June as a work in progress. Check out my thread to see other themes that are being remade such as Glasklart.

Attached Files:

6. GhostDeany macrumors newbie

yea does anyone know how to design icons like that? the ones i tried came out blurred and not sharp looking.

7. DinoMachino macrumors member

DinoMachino

What about

Sbsettings themes?

I have one that looks hd-ish (is hd even right? I mean, isn't it higher than hd as far as ppi?)

Hacked it up, put the apple folders background behind it and slapped it on there, and it's definitely not 72 ppi, I didn't check what it was, but it's also def not the 331 ppi or whatever the retina display is.

Oh and there's a psd template floating around for retina display icons. Try that?

I wonder if apple's png's have vector art in them, because I couldn't get the native images from the phone to open in anything adobe.

I wonder if sbsettings will need an update before any full resolution themes can be made for it... Or if all that matters is that the images are a certain proportion....

8. jasheeky macrumors member

Illumine in HD wow I can't wait till it's released.

9. bella92108 macrumors 68000

Doesn't an iPhone 4\iOS 4 version of Winterboard have to come out before we worry about what themes are available for it? LOL...

10. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

Do some research. Its working. Just not well.

11. bella92108 macrumors 68000

Your response has to be the worst I've seen in a while... "it's working, just not well" ... so you buy a Mercedes, and it's got a flat tire, but you're at the car wash talking about getting the tires cleaned... what the he#$ dude, are you for real? Priority 1, make something work, Priority 2, enhance it. You exemplify what's wrong with American's and their priorities.

Don't tell me to do research. I'm very well aware that it DOES NOT function to spec under 4.0. Saurik has even listed it as a NO on the 4.0 compat list. YOU do some research.

12. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

HAHAHAHAH
    check this out.

editing with picture. 2 secs

I seem to have it working just fine:
    [​IMG]

In action:
    [​IMG]

13. bella92108 macrumors 68000

You said yourself it's "not working well" ... so why would I install an app that's not working well.... why would you flaunt an app that's not working well?

Saurik says it's not compatible with 4.0 at this point, meaning it poses significant hassle or risk to install it... which I obviously hold much higher than your statement and photos of it working... but then you said it's not working... so which is it? It's working, or not working? You're the guy who has a 1990 civic that's got a busted engine but $4000 rims on it, haha.

14. fs454 macrumors 65816

Is there a theme for this I can get from Cydia or wherever else? I love that look and my 4 needs a change.

15. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

Read my post again.
    Works fine.
    Takes a **** ton of finagling.
    You have to open every app and see what site is associated with it. and get the picture named correctly

16. bella92108 macrumors 68000

You're funny. Nothing about that photo shows that it's working. You have NO theme applied, it's the apple stock theme, and you changed the background, neither of which requires winterboard, nor any theme applied within winterboard.

17. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

You kidding? Look mail, camera, contacts, calenders, ect.
    Its a minimalistic theme to blend in with the stock till I can improve it.

I SSHed it in from the macthemes forum.
    Google and look for "iPhone 4 Theme" there.

Its subtle changes. I can link you to a working package on mediafire if you want.

QUOTED from macthemes user boseyjones who set this up for a couple of us.

"
    ^Here is the theme with everything in its correct folder. Place in WinterBoard and enjoy.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7cuc9hcdw06cc8g

"

18. bella92108 macrumors 68000

Okay, well I have better things to do with my time than to rename files one by one... hence why "Winterboard doesn't work" ... just like if you buy a car and it doesn't work but you rebuild the engine and make it work it didn't mean the car worked... tell ya what... re-tool winterboard, and all of the 10,000+ themes in the repos, then let us know and then you can take the hero title and then "Winterboard will be 4.0 compatible" ... but until then stop spreading false information saying it works, because people use winterboard to download and apply a theme and many have been stated to screw up the display so it's not legible to even be able to deactivate the theme, thus causing that user the trouble of restoring and starting over...

19. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

If you cant see that i personally didnt rename them all and that somebody else was kind enough to post his hard work you are blind.
    If you restored when you got large icons from turning on a theme thats kinda sad. You could have SSHed it off and respringed or just navigated through it to winterboard and turned it off. The pictures were big but the place you click for the app was the same.
    I figured out a somewhat manageable fix, for now. This is how I want to do it. I dont need you verbally attacking me and saying I didnt do something I did. Its really simple for you if you want it at this point. SSH that folder I linked in and your done.
    Thanks.

20. bella92108 macrumors 68000

K, so 1 theme down, 9,999 to go. Everyone who wants this bland theme, follow this guy's directions. For the rest of you, Saurik (the trusted source) recommends waiting until Winterboard and the individual theme you like are updated to iPhone 4 compatibility.

21. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

Man, your hopeless. Its a temporary fix to spice things up for a while until its updated. It technically works.
    i recommend waiting for Saurik as well, but this method does work.

Heres some other stuff that works: (I recommend going to the last post by the developer of every thread for the most updated version of things)

Clear lockscreen with custom slider
    http://macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16805033

Suave theme: (kinda a mess at this point, wouldn't recommend.)
    http://macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16804800

iPhone 4 Theme: (Theme above, being somewhat frequently updated.)
    http://macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16804952

SBSettings with retina display, very slick and clean:
    http://macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16805026

22. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

I found 2 one is called InzoSB and the other is on cydia called Minimalist. Minimalist IMO isn't that great looking but it's all right. InzoSB is the best out right now as far as I know. You can INzoSB from here: http://www.macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16805026

23. crawfish963 macrumors 6502

crawfish963

+1 for the iPhone 4 HD theme. If you go to page 3 of that link, you'll find the most current version. Very slick!

24. ipad3g macrumors member

Can someone please explain in detail on how to add these. Im good with computers im on a MBP with OSX, how do i hook up my iphone 4 to the MBP and add this stuff manually? I have iFile on my iphone 4 and read that you will need iFile to manually add thses icons. Can someone help please, really want to deck out this iphone an test out the retina display! Thanks!

25. ipad3g macrumors member

ok so i used ssh on the mac via cyberduck. I added this zip file for sbs http://macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16805026&p=2, i put it in User/Library/SBSettings/Themes . But my SBS is still not HD, and looks the same. Doesnt look all kool like the pic on the website. Help Please!