Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prowlmedia

Suspended
Jan 26, 2010
London
Well for one, Apple's move to wireless power is the most well thought out in an ecosystem I've ever seen.

But my hint was referring to the next major shell design of the iPhone.

Possibly but depends on cases - I don't use one but millions do - would touch work through one

case2001

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2010
it looks too bulky like a crayon to me, thought it would be more elegant
I thought it was clean. And elegant. I did not notice how to undo or erase. Is there a button? Do you invert it like some other and use an eraser metaphor?

Ledgem

macrumors 68020
Jan 18, 2008
Hawaii, USA
The Pencil looks like a nice product. But if Apple has added an active digitizer to the iPad Pro, there's theoretically no reason why one would be required to use the Apple Pencil instead of another stylus. It'll be interesting to see if Apple has locked it down, or if other standard styluses will also work with the iPad Pro. Perhaps artists requiring the pressure sensitivity features will be locked to the Pencil, but for those of us desiring something simply to write with, a host of other, cheaper styluses might be possibilities.

Krevnik

macrumors 601
Sep 8, 2003
So......

And let's be 100% clear about this now.
Are we all now saying a Stylus is a good thing to have?
As this viewpoint certainly has not been the case here for many years.

Anyone here, still holding onto their rock solid views of the past 5? years that a Stylus is bad and Apple should not have one on a tablet.
Or are all those many many people just now keeping quiet, or, now Apple HAS made one, are suddenly changing their mind on the subject?

I have a graveyard of capacitive styluses that I've used over the years. Or more accurately, tried to make work over the years.

I don't want a stylus for my phone. I don't want to always need a stylus. But one of the useful workflows for me has been to have something like 53's Paper and a stylus for jotting down ideas, diagrams and rough sketches.

I'm not part of the crowd that's been crowing about not wanting a stylus, so don't lump me in with them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.